Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion vessel pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Afternoon,

I am looking to add to my tools, can anyone reccomed a pump for expansion vessels please?

Regards

I use a battery powered hand held pump. Its the same size as a drill only its a air pump. It comes with a digital pressure gauge and you can set it to bar or psi, set the pressure you require and pull the trigger. Good bit of kit, i got it off Amazon.

When I'm doing a UVC service I carry a separate precharged (by my own compressor) to 8 bar 24L SIP air receiver tank, hose and car tyre gun. I've changed the gauge on the gun to a decent one that only runs to 4 bar and is liquid filled so I get accurate readings. It's a tad ***bersome (and pretty ugly) but it's 100% reliable and has been for years... Perhaps now it will finally fail :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The rechargeable ones are very noisy. You would be better off with the stirrup one.

I just use a track pump with a long hose unless its a 500l expansion or similar, then I use a compressor

Same as Yorkshire Dave. SIP 24L air receiver. We charge it up, keep it in the van and its always there for recharging expansion vessels. Its easy, quick and works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion vessel pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock