Search the forum,

Discuss Exposed section of pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dwd26

Hi,

This is my first post so apologies if I've misunderstood the purpose of the forum, appreciate if anyone can give some advice.

I noticed that next to my water boiler there is an exposed section of pipe where water is running constantly (see attachment), even when all the taps are off and heating/hot water off. Does anyone know what this is and whether it is normal for there to be a constant flow? I live in a block of flats and was recently told by the building manager that my water meter was making a lot of noise during the day when no one was at home. I will probably get a plumber in but I don't know if there an obvious problem.

Thanks

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 31
its gonna be be one of the safety valves for your unvented cylinder. Probably temperature pressure relief valve. You will need a g3 certified plumber to replace it.

Yep unfortunately you can't do anything with it as it would be illegal to do so without the necessary qualification as above you will need a G3 qualified engineer to take a look at that for you

Thanks for both your answers. Just to confirm, there is a problem and water should not be flowing through that valve all the time?

Definitely not the purpose of that part which is called a tundish is so that there is a visual indicator that something is wrong

Thanks - just found out an unvented cylinder needs to be serviced annually (has not been done for 5 years) so problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Exposed section of pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock