Search the forum,

Discuss Extending Speedfit plastic pipe and plastering into wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antsals

I'm after a little advice; I'm changing a radiator and need to extend a plastic pipe that is mounted behind dot and dab plasterboard. I don't really fancy channeling out all the pipe back to the joint; but I haven't been able to find any reference on the internet about jointing "in-wall" and then plastering over?

I was thinking cutting the small section of plasterboard out, then using a compression fitting or HEP02 fitting, sleeve with felt wrapping and then plaster back over?

Whats best practice in this scenario?

Thanks for advice,
Anthony

Having a joint in a wall isn't illegal its just bad practice. If you have no option other than to join the pipework just make sure you use the correct inserts for the pipework.

Thanks for quick reply,
What's the best way to protect the joint from the plaster fill in?

Regards,
Ant

Wrapping fitting with installation tape will be a suitable barrier against plaster.

The speedfit should be wrapped in metal tape so it can be detected after plastering.

Just make sure what fitting you use is compatable with the pipe, and dont forget your inserts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Extending Speedfit plastic pipe and plastering into wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming this week to install/reconfigure the pipework for new radiators. The walls are solid brick and as I am installing insulated plasterboards, we agreed...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock