Search the forum,

Discuss exterior 28mm pipe trunking??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys....can you get a heavy duty pipe trunkin to run over an exterior pipe run? can't seem to find any...needs to be vandel proof to put my customers mind at rest.
cheers.

Last edited:
I assume it`s a copper pipe run can it not be changed to a steel pipe and shorten the clipping distances using steel pipe clips ?:)regards turnpin

it was a pain in the arse to do it in copper let alone steel turpin!!! :)

the fella would still want it protected! just creating more work to change it to steel me thinks.

either run it in steel with extra clips, or box it in, steel would be my choice

was thinking of adapting some square flow rain water pipe by cutting down the centre and around the pipeclips....should be a quick job with a jigsaw and then it'll just look like some rwp.

only other option I can think of is to visit local sheet metal work co and let them make it for you to your required spec:)regards TURNPIN

only other option I can think of is to visit local sheet metal work co and let them make it for you to your required spec:)regards TURNPIN

dont know of any anymore....they all closed down and the blokes retrained as gas fitters!!!!

gee, whats up with 28mm copper? paint it and clip it with lots of brass sb clips and its fine. if not copper then id just do it in steel, however difficult. do you have mini dies?

hi guys....can you get a heavy duty pipe trunkin to run over an exterior pipe run? can't seem to find any...needs to be vandel proof to put my customers mind at rest.
cheers.

using square down pipe will not really make it vandal proof as your client requires:)regards turnpin

oh and sorry i meant to type turnpin....not turpin!!! i made you sound like a highway man from back in the day!!!

using square down pipe will not really make it vandal proof as your client requires:)regards turnpin

but i was thinkin if looks like a rwp they are not likely to rip it down and tat it in!

possibly but id prefer a well done job in copper or steel if pushed, up to the client really

the job is well done you cheeky ......lol!!! he just lives in a area with a load of asbo'd,tag wearing hoodies who are likely to create mischeif!

the job is well done you cheeky ......lol!!! he just lives in a area with a load of asbo'd,tag wearing hoodies who are likely to create mischeif!

sorry, didnt mean to question your workmanship, im sure its spot on. i was thinking more of the client, i suppose if its at high risk boxing in is probably the best option, the best material would be metal of somekind, could be timber i guess but will it do the job you need? needs to be well weathered as well, id put it on the client, good luck

sorry, didnt mean to question your workmanship, im sure its spot on. i was thinking more of the client, i suppose if its at high risk boxing in is probably the best option, the best material would be metal of somekind, could be timber i guess but will it do the job you need? needs to be well weathered as well, id put it on the client, good luck

i know you didnt mean that mate....found it funny the way you worded it!! no harm done and definately no offence taken and if i knew how to add a smiley face i would!! will ask the dude where the job what he wants to do...and give hima few options. thanks guys.

i think if you box it ,you have to put some vents at high level !!!!!

but might be wrong !

what about track pipe.

Last edited:
Yea i work on properties where the Rain Water Pipes/Waste pipes are boxed in with metal sheet boxing. Its the local metal workers that make it. Not too cheap though apparently and looks orrible!

well i did it today chaps....with black squareflow rwp. I took my jigsaw down the length of the pipe (3m run) opened it up and wrapped it round the gas pipe(kept on getting me feckin fingers trapped in the rwp..ouch) and clipped it with 8 clips so it is sturdy and secure. Looks good,would never guess it was hiding a pipe! custard was well pleased. Top and bottom of pipe was left open for ventilation.

well i did it today chaps....with black squareflow rwp. I took my jigsaw down the length of the pipe (3m run) opened it up and wrapped it round the gas pipe(kept on getting me feckin fingers trapped in the rwp..ouch) and clipped it with 8 clips so it is sturdy and secure. Looks good,would never guess it was hiding a pipe! custard was well pleased. Top and bottom of pipe was left open for ventilation.

haha post a pic and WE will decide if it looks good or not

wont surprise me ,

when you turn up for service next time ,

"down pipe" to be connected to

the rain water guttering :p:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to exterior 28mm pipe trunking??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock