Discuss External combi filter questions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

My mum had a Worcester green Star 4000 fitted on one of those eco grants.

A external filter wasn't fitted. Should this have been fitted or is it deemed a good to have item so not under any regulations?

Thanks

It’s recommended to have one but more importantly was a central heating flush / clean carried out ?

Fitting a filter has always been advised as 'best practice' and my understanding is that it became part of Part L Building Regulations last summer and was a requirement. Might be best talking to the boiler manufacturer just to check they will honour the warranty etc without a filter being installed.

Boilers an expensive bit of kit, why wouldn't you go that little extra to try and keep it in good condition for as long as possible.

From the 4000 installation manual, a bit long winded but they say if you don't follow guidelines it could 'invalidate the guarantee' and that a filter is 'recommended'.
I think it covers them for turning up and if the system isn't clean and has caused the failure they can refuse repair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_213348_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_213348_Drive.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 6

Reply to External combi filter questions in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover...
Replies
Views
A
I had a combi boiler fitted in the garage recently which has meant a lot of copper pipe external to the house and throughout the garage. Metres of...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a britony combi se 80 with fault 40 60 80 had british gas out to repair under homecare cover but they can't seem to repair it. They...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock