Search the forum,

Discuss External immersion heating element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Stewart

Hi

I have an external thermtec geezer 3000 and it is tripping the fuse because water is gathering in the bottom cap which surrounds the electrics. I have checked and can't find a leak anywhere.

Could it be condensation??

Richard

Hi Richard,

Welcome along,

As above it's very likely to be condensation.

I agree it is most likely the stat pocket leaking slightly often due to corrosion. I see that quite often. Check your copper cylinder isn't corroding, usually at base and see if it has an Anode fitted, as Anodes can actually cause corrosion instead of protection and can also damage the external heater.
It won't be condensation, as I have never seen this happening on those.
What part of UK are you at Richard? Just asking because those heaters are really the Willis heaters, invented in N.I and very common here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External immersion heating element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200 diverter to utilise all the spare capacity from the 3,84 Kw Pv system on the roof. This has only just become an option as the old existing tank did not...
Replies
Views
Hi can anybody help me with a problem I am having. following a power cut the heating and hot water failed. The boiler would light but it would go out because of no flow. I thought it was the programmer blown because if it wasn’t calling for heat or hot water it doesn’t trip the electric,but as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock