Search the forum,

Discuss F$*€#* landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Why do I bother?

arranged a service on a boiler under warranty, dead easy money. Get a text today (jobs arranger for 9.30 Monday) how much extra for llc, fire and hob. Text back explaining fires are time consuming, remove check flue etc. Quote an extra £50 to £60, phone goes quiet, no texts. Until an hour ago.
"sorry to mess you about, can I cancel tomorrow?"
Shes obviously been shopping about, who answers the phone in a Sunday. Who answers there phone on a Sunday, and under cuts you on a £110 job?

Why do some of us under value ourselves? Let's just say I'm not happy.

because they do work like this

20160626_165314.jpg

and i can bet my bottom penny that fire wont be stripped :D

Last edited:
Last minute cancellations are always annoying! Unfortunately landlords are in it for the money and as such, will always try and go for the cheapest option. I don't do much work for landlords, the only few I work for have quite high value properties and don't mind paying to have the work done correctly.

just make up for it when the boiler breaks down, most llc types round here cant do repairs :)

It's a Worcestor, life's to short to faf around with broken ones.

Maybe you need to adjust your pricing structure old pal??:ciappa:

Maybe you need to adjust your pricing structure old pal??:ciappa:

She said she'd had a much cheaper quote. A service and an llc for £105 to £110. A lot cheaper suggests, a lot cheaper. It's just not worth doing.

Some people are just idiotic and don't value there time or like the guy I've done some work with think you have to be cheap to get the work when in reality you get **** jobs that are just a headache

Excuse my potentially silly question but is that a cylinder stat on the flow and is there a reason for it?

pipe stat and its connected to a frost stat

Don't they have built in frost stats?

Don't they have built in frost stats?

Don't have a clue as never fitted one but normally only have one or another not both :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to F$*€#* landlords in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock