Search the forum,

Discuss falling waste elbow under kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gas-eater

Hello all. Noticed a pool of water under kitchen sink. Checked the waste pipe and found the grey elbow in corner was totally slack on the pipe (see photos). Took apart waste pipe and seal seems ok. There appears to be a gap of about 5mm when pipe is fitted into this corner elbow. My question is do i need a different size elbow, or different pipe size or an adaptor of some sort. When i push home pipe and elbow, the elbow just slides down again. The sink was fitted in 2012. Im amazed that its held for that long, as there was only a slight weep on it before. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20160501_213051.jpg
    20160501_213051.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20160501_213035.jpg
    20160501_213035.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20160424_095919.jpg
    20160424_095919.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20160424_095906.jpg
    20160424_095906.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20160424_100322.jpg
    20160424_100322.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 23
Joined in Jan 16, first post May hope it hasn't been leaking that long ?

Welcome to the forum gas-eater, and just like your name is the kitchen a bit smelly from all that drain gases cos there doesn't appear to be a trap installed to stop them entering your property?

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. Yes did join a while ago but I follow posts on here regularly , as it's a brilliant forum to get valuable information. I think i will fit the the mcalpine sink kit you suggested. Does this kit come in grey colour?If not, i will still fit it as suggested. Just seems strange that the pipe already installed is small. I thought the sink waste kit came with the sink when I bought it. It was fitted by kitchen fitters, so maybe that explains it lol.
Thanks once again.

It does comes with the sink, it is one of those B&Q or Ikea specials i.e. imported crap.
Anyone worth their salt would throw it away & start again.

I would have a good look behind the sink back anyone who doesn't install a trap might have left any number of surprise's.

Traps are always white & you can pick up the 38mm pushfit waste pipe & fittings from B&Q as most plumbers merchants will not stock it (classed as diy) white or grey push fit will all fit each other, but make sure you clean off all the burr's after you have cut the pipes.

Last edited:
Yes, I will check back of sink, just to make sure jobs a good un. No foul smells in kitchen , but definitely gonna fit new trap and 38mm waste.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to falling waste elbow under kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been trying to fix a leak from under the kitchen sink. I replaced a number of components and fixed one leak from the trap, but now have another leak from the join to the waste pipe. See below (1). I have 2 different types of pipe (2 & 3) and not sure how to connect them to a tight seal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink appears to be consistently dry. The problem I have is that there appears to be a leak where the waste pipe out from the bottle trap meets the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi. I was Wondering if anyone can help I had a huge leak under my kitchen sink And where the bowl sink kit goes onto the outside pipe/waste I just can’t get a seal, just doesn’t stay on. Can see in video/pictures Can anyone advice how I sort this out. It’s almost like all of a sudden...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock