Search the forum,

Discuss faulty grundfos ups2. can i replace with alpha2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imran999

i have a faulty ups2 15-50/60 going back and wondering if i can replace with an alpha2 which is gonna cost roughly £10 more. I am thinking even though alpha2 may be overpowered for my size of house, it will save money by being more efficient?

house is 4 bed with approx 15 rads and the ups2 was running at pump speed 3.

would it make a difference going for a 15-60 over a 15-50 alpha2?

Always better to have a little bit of extra capacity mate if needed i find these town house type properties on 3 or more floors need a 7metre head pump i have been using DAB EVOSTA williams have them on their site .

Yes you can fit the alpha2 should be a straight swap providing the pump valves aren't seized. And it's a better more economical pump. Grundfoss is the only pump I like to fit, there are cheaper one's to buy but Grundfoss is a good sound & reliable make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to faulty grundfos ups2. can i replace with alpha2? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock