Search the forum,

Discuss Female thread on shower wall outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new attachment to screw onto the wall outlet as the old one has broken. The problem is that it is a female thread on it and I can't get an attachment to fit it. It's a tivoli shower which was made by Bristan but they don't make attachments to fit any more. Help?!

Maybe shower z connectors will fit

IMG_3236.JPG

Is the silver bit that's broken?

So that's the part what's broken?

I see it's the outlet connection

Any chance of a pic of which end is broken?

It's the end which attaches to the pipe coming out the wall but the whole thing is actually only plastic even though it looks like chrome

It's the end which attaches to the pipe coming out the wall but the whole thing is actually only plastic even though it looks like chrome

If it's plastic sorry to say best thing to do is replace the shower outlet

It should unscrew from the connector in the wall (should be a 1/2 backplate connection)

I've got the same problem - shower hose is bust (we moved in 8 years ago - no idea how old it is). I've got a 1/2 inch union coming but it's longer that the existing male connection and I fear the hex nut will catch on the body of the mixer.

I've got the same problem - shower hose is bust (we moved in 8 years ago - no idea how old it is). I've got a 1/2 inch union coming but it's longer that the existing male connection and I fear the hex nut will catch on the body of the mixer.

Update: The 1/2 inch union worked a treat. Stuck an o-ring and PTFE tape on both threads, and a regular shower hose, and it's working fine.

Part was listed on Amazon as "1/2" INCH THREAD PIPE CONNECTION MALE x MALE SCREWED NIPPLE". There are cheaper brass ones, but i needed it sent with Prime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Female thread on shower wall outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock