Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli system boiler woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 9 year old optimax HE25s boiler which heats the hot water but can't cope with the CH. The problems started about 3 weeks ago when we started seeing d2 in the display a lot. At that time the rads furthest from the boiler failed to heat up at all! When the boiler came on it heated to 90 degrees and changed to d2 for some time. This repeats itself all the time.
I think the boiler's at fault.
Had British Gas in and they say its sludge in the system causing this and I need a powerflush which they'll do for £850 !!!
I can tell some rads have sludge by their cold spots.
Be grateful for some informed opinions.

Get them to change the pump first

You can get a power flush for under half that , ridiculous price

D2 means the boiler has reached its set temperature this will disappear once the boiler stat senses that it’s dropped below the desired set temperature at the boiler.As for being told it needs a flush..pump needs to be changed,zone valve inspected/changed. BG quoting a flush should only be done once general issues/components with circulation have been thoroughly checked.Ask for a second opinion from another engineer,that’s what you pay your money for(if your under one of their contracts)

Out of interest,what did the BG engineer check on their visit?

Prob not a lot as per usual.

Got lady customer locally with boiler & rad system servicing under contract by BG since new & it now has circulation issues, lack of to x2 rads.

Again they had a quick look & quoted a stupid price to powerflush (3 -4hrs apparently).

I know her from previous non related work so suggested i would sort for about 1/2 price but made aware that system may have seeps/leaks from valves (15yr old install) requiring new trv/ls & would have a new mag filter fitted also.

speak to your local engineers first, BG big co big prices.............

We have a 9 year old optimax HE25s boiler which heats the hot water but can't cope with the CH. The problems started about 3 weeks ago when we started seeing d2 in the display a lot. At that time the rads furthest from the boiler failed to heat up at all! When the boiler came on it heated to 90 degrees and changed to d2 for some time. This repeats itself all the time.
I think the boiler's at fault.
Had British Gas in and they say its sludge in the system causing this and I need a powerflush which they'll do for £850 !!!
I can tell some rads have sludge by their cold spots.
Be grateful for some informed opinions.

BG up to their old power flush tricks again

I hope you've got it sorted. I had a Ferroli boiler about 4 years ago. When it worked it was great but it broke down a lot.
You've done well to get 9 years out of that one.

Reactions: pip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli system boiler woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation! ) 2 weeks ago HW went lukewarm. When HW was called, the rads came on. The cylinder motorised valve has been replaced today, but it's not fixed the...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we don’t find we are using more than one shower or bath at a time. Our plan is to do this when the current boiler needs replacing (probably in the next...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock