Discuss Ferrolli F24 DHW problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digisounds

Hi I am seeking some advise regarding my Ferroli F24 Boiler. We are experiencing problems where when the boiler has been used for a period i.e. kids having baths and washing hair with shower it comes to the point where the mrs gets to have a bath but during this the DHW supply starts to go Lukewarm and stays that way.. This has gone on intermitantly for a few weeks we have had the Thermistors replaced as a precaution but this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. we had a new fan approx. 12 months ago but im now wondering if this could be the end of life for our F24 what being 10 years old ?? any ideas welcome as my gas fitter is lost for ideas at the minute as he says the water exchanger is pressured ok so no ideas at min....

try another gas engineer, he will probably get the right answer quite quickly.

10 years from a Ferrolli?! You will get a letter from the queen for that! I'd say its time to replace. Don't throw good money after bad.

dont be so pesimistic, it better than a saunier duval and mine is 10 as well :)

just trying to get an idea for what my have to expect as too the costs before they mount, do have a fixed price repair thing with BG but don't want to call them in as fault is too intermitant unless its been hammered

But how many times have you rebuilt it?!:smilielol5:

never, if you install them correctly they last as well as any boiler, its poor installation that causes most boiler issues.

re repair costs, just use bg till they get it right, cheapest option all round

Id be amazed if bg are interested in repairing a 10 year old Ferrolli.

Id be amazed if bg are interested in repairing a 10 year old Ferrolli.

That's the prob' don't want to fork out £100 for something that might be daft or they refuse to fix due to age money wasted..

cancel BG and get a local heating engineer to look after you ! you will then save hundreds if not thousands !

As Adam mention already get a new boiler and get 5 or 7 years manufacture guarantee , get rid off BG and you will be better of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferrolli F24 DHW problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock