Discuss Fire Valve requirement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

How would you best deal with both an old boiler and steel oil tank in the garage. Boiler front is literally 1.5 mtrs from the tank. To improve situation I have installed a remote acting fire valve between boiler and tank. Outside wall is the boundary? I suggested when tank changed to install the fire valve outside, but client is wanting to put a Tuffa 60min fire rated tank back in the garage. ? Where do you put the fire valve?
Firstly, I would condemn the install as it presently is, just to keep myself right. So I would do as you and fit an internal firevalve as a minimum if customer agrees plus do the paperwork showing all the faults.
Probably best the remote firevalve is fitted on outside wall, even though it means looping out and back through wall.
No outdoor space for an oil tank?

Firstly, I would condemn the install as it presently is, just to keep myself right. So I would do as you and fit an internal firevalve as a minimum if customer agrees plus do the paperwork showing all the faults.
Probably best the remote firevalve is fitted on outside wall, even though it means looping out and back through wall.
No outdoor space for an oil tank?
What if outside wall is the boundry, which would mean you cant loop fire valve outside on someone elses property.
I have failed tank as not compliant and insufficient fire protection. They could find a place outside, but have been told by oil supplier too far from drive. (plus 50mtrs?).
Tuff say they do a fire rated tank that can be installed in garage. I don't install tanks so advised he seek suggestions from tank installer.

What if outside wall is the boundry, which would mean you cant loop fire valve outside on someone elses property.
I have failed tank as not compliant and insufficient fire protection. They could find a place outside, but have been told by oil supplier too far from drive. (plus 50mtrs?).
Tuff say they do a fire rated tank that can be installed in garage. I don't install tanks so advised he seek suggestions from tank installer.
No outside walls to their own property? Not a lot you can do then I guess. Would be interesting to know what OFTEC or building control would recommend.
Oil suppliers my area I think do have capability to supply to oil tanks 100metres fill hose, although most I have seen would need much less distance

No outside walls to their own property? Not a lot you can do then I guess. Would be interesting to know what OFTEC or building control would recommend.
Oil suppliers my area I think do have capability to supply to oil tanks 100metres fill hose, although most I have seen would need much less distance
Its the garage, front is open doors, one side is a lounge wall other two walls is neighbours garden.
Oil hose distance must be a max Terms & Con. as checked local suppliers sites and say 150feet (45mtrs) although they have delivered to me and my tanks 57mtrs from road.
Ill phone oftec and see what they suggest with the fire valve.

Reply to Fire Valve requirement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning all, Just a quick one, ive recently been asked to fit a new fire in a property, there was one in previously but was removed simply...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am going to a job tomorrow where the customar says they have a 1 inch square valve head (what i would call a fire hydrant valve, maybe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock