Search the forum,

Discuss fitting 40mm pipe into soil stack using strap boss question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

I would like to add a 40mm waste pipe into this old fitting on the soil pipe shown in the photograph below.
There is 50mm clearance between the the bottom of the inlet pipe and the soil pipe rim just enough room (I think) to put the strap around.
The diameter of the pipe fitting is the same as the soil pipe and the plastic reacts to solvent weld glue.
If I can get it to fit is this a practical solution?
soil pipe conection.jpgstrap boss.jpg

I`m now wondering that you are more than an average home DIYer coming here for advice tbh.
How many properties are you working in?

I`m now wondering that you are more than an average home DIYer coming here for advice tbh.
How many properties are you working in?
Hi
It's all on the same property and the same project - this is the same soil stack mentioned before. I'm refurbishing my bathroom and I'm no professional that's for sure!
Just want a bit of helpful advice

no you cant as its a bigger dia and the strap wont fit replace the t

and as above if your working as a plumber you should know the basics before you quote/ are doing a job

Same - different angle and some floor boards removed though

I`m not getting in to an argument with you as camera angles can alter a picture however it looks different to me.

I`m out.

Judging by picture, which might be deceiving?
You can't attach another pipe there because of the danger of cross flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting 40mm pipe into soil stack using strap boss question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock