Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a 3rd gen nest thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice on changing my current thermostat for a nest.

Potterton boiler with a HW cylinder and a 3port valve. Standard thermostat in the hallway. Heating and HW programmer in the kitchen. 3 core feed to the thermostat.

Will a nest work on this system?

Is it a simple case of changing the thermo to the nest unit?

Does the nest over run the programmer or simply work in place of the thermostat?

Hoping it's a simple change without a serious rewire?!

Need some advice on changing my current thermostat for a nest.

Potterton boiler with a HW cylinder and a 3port valve. Standard thermostat in the hallway. Heating and HW programmer in the kitchen. 3 core feed to the thermostat.

Will a nest work on this system?

Is it a simple case of changing the thermo to the nest unit?

Does the nest over run the programmer or simply work in place of the thermostat?

Hoping it's a simple change without a serious rewire?!

Yes nest works with your system

I think you should get a local sparkie or study y plan

Yes needs some wiring modification.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting a 3rd gen nest thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I want to replace my current thermostat with the Nest Thermostat, but wire labels don't match. My boiler is Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior combi boiler, which is on the back of the wall where the thermostat is. Photos here Another Nest Themorstat (3rd gen) question -...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got an Ideal Logic+ System Boiler (installed by my plumber as a Y-plan currently in the simple on/off mode) with Google Nest 3rd Gen. Is it possible to upgrade my system so that the Nest 3rd Gen controls the boiler via the OpenTherm protocol for both the heating and for the hot water...
Replies
Views
I'm in Canada, where the standard is NPT. I just put in a heat pump and shut off the hand valves but I want the rads in the room to warm up if the heat pump can't keep up. NPT thermostatic rad valves are available but are hellish expensive. The sizes I have are 3/4" and 1". The system used to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm brand new to plumbing, heating systems, wiring etc and only started to read about it because I wanted to know why our CH would only work when HW was also on. I think we have a Y system based on the Honeywell 3 position diverter valve above the boiler. We have a Potterton EP2002...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock