Search the forum,

Discuss fitting my shower bar mixer practice run questions in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all
i hope you are all well

i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped water inlets ( i don't know the terminology) if i was to dissect it, would these "inlets" be up against the pipe. ( I do have pipe inserts)

any advice, tips will be appreciated

thanks

finest
shower mixer.jpg
shower mixer1.jpg
showermxier2.jpg

Best to use copper pipe

Your photos look about right, as long as you have the Hep2o insert for the pipe, ie 3 or 4 mm past the olive.

The cone thing looks like an inlet filter to me but it feels like it’s the wrong way around? Check the instruction.
If the filter is not compatible with using hep2o ( has a smaller internal diameter than copper) then you could throw them away and use a rubber 3/4” washer that incorporates a mesh filter to connect the valve to the fastfix .
A lot of showers come with these anyway, if you need to buy them they are called appliance or hose filter washers 3/4” - and are for washing machine inlets.

Your photos look about right, as long as you have the Hep2o insert for the pipe, ie 3 or 4 mm past the olive.

The cone thing looks like an inlet filter to me but it feels like it’s the wrong way around? Check the instruction.
If the filter is not compatible with using hep2o ( has a smaller internal diameter than copper) then you could throw them away and use a rubber 3/4” washer that incorporates a mesh filter to connect the valve to the fastfix .
A lot of showers come with these anyway, if you need to buy them they are called appliance or hose filter washers 3/4” - and are for washing machine inlets.
thanks for your response. yes these "cone" filters screw off. i unscrewed it earlier this evening. i do have the rubber washers but not with the gauze in the middle. i have to check properly. i originally had a 3/4 reducer which the filters fit nicely in. i take it it will work fine without them

Yes it will work, but if debris gets into the cartridge that can be a real problem.
So; flush the pipes through properly before you connect the valve, and get the washers with the gauze filter.

dear all, i would like to wish you a happy new year. I would also like to thank you all that have helped me repair this shower. i managed to get it all done before Christmas. i honestly could not have done it without your advice and tips

thanks

Finest1

Reply to fitting my shower bar mixer practice run questions in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock