Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting waste pipe around chimney breasts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're trying to fit a bathroom in the top floor (front bedroom) of our victorian house. We have a problem in that the bathroom on the middle floor is located at the back, so we can't use the same soil pipe. Fitting a new soil pipe to the side of the house is near impossible because it would have to navigate two chimney breasts and there is also a single storey building on that side of the house (image attached). Builder has suggested putting the soil pipe on stilst away from the wall to reduce the need for it to bend around chimney breasts, but this would be an eye sore. He also suggested running it inside unused chimney and then digging up the floor of the single storey building, but clearly that presents it own issues. Any other suggestions? Ceiling height is too restricted to relocate intended bathroom to back bedroom.
bxcDik

side of house.png

Before I answer can I ask ..........
Are we talking an en-suite bathroom in the bedroom to be occupied by the same people or as a guest room for visitor`s?

Hi - thanks for replying. Ideally we'd like to take a slice off the front bedroom, then add a door off the landing to create a bathroom that can be accessed by both of the top floor bedrooms. Does that help?

Hi - thanks for replying. Ideally we'd like to take a slice off the front bedroom, then add a door off the landing to create a bathroom that can be accessed by both of the top floor bedrooms. Does that help?
It does thanks, was thinking of a macerator IF it was going to be used by 1 or 2 people only but if it is used by multiple people then the chances of somebody forgetting the rules of what a macerator can cope with are greatly increased as are the chances of it becoming blocked.

The builder did say we could fit a mascerator... but having spent some time googling it, i'm sort of reluctant as they seem prone to problems and people have said that plumbers are less keen to work on that kind of system if problems do arise (understandbly!). The rooms will be 1) a child's room and 2) a spare room, so probably not 'high traffic' but still would like to avoid mascerator if there is an alternative...

The builder did say we could fit a mascerator... but having spent some time googling it, i'm sort of reluctant as they seem prone to problems and people have said that plumbers are less keen to work on that kind of system if problems do arise (understandbly!). The rooms will be 1) a child's room and 2) a spare room, so probably not 'high traffic' but still would like to avoid mascerator if there is an alternative...
A child`s room and a guest room will result in a blockage so yes agree it would best to find another solution. :(
You never hear good stories about them as nobody ever bothers to state the good, correctly installed and used they are a good solution but they are only designed to deal with 4 things and the world has gone wet wipe crazy. :eek:

Perhaps we need a complete rethink.... :eek:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it :)

Reactions: rpm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting waste pipe around chimney breasts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock