Search the forum,

Discuss FLEXI TOILET CONNECTION in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody help please.
Can someone tell me if the flexi connector in the picture on the toilet fill has too tighter a bend on it i have asked my plumber if he would connect the toilet in copper because 1 I think it would look better and 2 i think it is bent so much it may fail prematurely.
He said he would change it but would not guarantee the work because he had lost count of the times he had been called out to toilets that were leaking due to cracked copper connections on the cistern.
Thanks

flexi.jpg

PLumber or handy man I only ask due to the burn marks on the wall

Easy enough to do in copper

Plumber with so called 19 years experience.

Must have been 19 years largely wasted then. :p
All copper and with a straight copper soldered connection (tap fitting) would have been easy.
If the pipe could have been moved if possible to come up immediately below the fill valve would have been neater and my choice.
Nothing is neater than keeping the pipe well hidden

That flexi isnt good but its easy to criticise at the end of a job or from a bad picture. We dont know what work the plumber has done, what he has had to work with/ work aroundand sometimes what materials have been supplied

I must admit I'm on the lookout for a reliable method of connecting mains supply to wc's, I've seen far two many leaks from fibre washers splitting.
I find myself using those ultra short Viva flexis.

I must admit I'm on the lookout for a reliable method of connecting mains supply to wc's, I've seen far two many leaks from fibre washers splitting.

Use a rubber o ring or

JG Speedfit PSE3201WP Tap Connectors White 15mm x ½" 2 Pack | Plastic Tap Connectors | NoLinkingToThis

I don't use the fibre washers because they seem to have a limited and unpredictable lifespan.
I use the flat Hep washers that are identical in size to fibre washers for copper tap fittings.
Far superior for onto any toilet fill valves especially plastic tailed, although I use brass valves normally.

I use the flat Hep washers that are identical in size to fibre washers for copper tap fittings.

Sounds good pal , what are they marketed as ? , I have asked for something like that but the merchants look at me as if I am a bloody “Leeds fan”

yes thanks Best, so these are leak free for a good 10 years or so?

I wouldn't care if modern fibre washers were the thick ones but they're not ...there are so thin! the Grohe 3/4" bar shower ones are also rubbish and leaky. i use the thick filter washers.

Do i need to go to plumb centre for those? anywhere else?

yes thanks Best, so these are leak free for a good 10 years or so?

You can bet they will last. They are for hot or cold water supplies, so definitely going to last on cold to cisterns. They are not made of ordinary rubber.
They just require a little nip up. You might find they are a fairly tight in a copper tap fitting and need carefully pushed into the shoulder with a small screwdriver.
You should be able to get them, or order them from any merchants that stock Hep. I think they are supplied in packets of 10 or 20 with some Hep fittings.
Maybe a good idea to speak to a Hep rep if merchants don’t oblige

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FLEXI TOILET CONNECTION in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock