Search the forum,

Discuss FLOMASTA 22601SX WIRELESS THERMOSTAT Help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm a complete novice here.

My partner recently passed away, and as part of her estate, our house was renovated. Unfortunately, I didn't get a say on the choice of builders and several corners were cut. That aside, my daughter and I have been given back the keys and started getting everything ready.

Our combi boiler seems to work fine (on timer) but the
FLOMASTA 22601SX WIRELESS THERMOSTAT
they fitted I'm having issues with.

I cannot decide whether the range of the transmitter is too great (I've checked the batteries) or if the wired in transmitter isn't functioning (there are no lights and I cannot work out which position the switch needs to be in - have tried it both ways). I've tried resetting the unit with no luck.

I would like to keep it on minimum temp as its gone a bit chilly!

Any help or ideas?

I haven't been able to source an instruction manual for the kit.

Thank you.

Any chance of a pic of the unit ?

Any chance of a pic of the unit ?

Hi there,

https://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image//ae235?src=ae235/5948G_P&$prodImageLarge$

From Screwfix,

I think it is essentially this one too:

RF Wireless Thermostat (868 MHz / 915MHz) [RT28] : World Excel Company Limited, www.worldexcel.com

My Dad's been over (who is much handier than I am!) and as far as he could tell, the temperature control unit (lcd screen box) is fine (Rubbish quality but fine - you should see the mess made of attaching it to the wall!), but it is likely the reciever wired into the combi is either not recieving power or not working (no LED). Looking through the paper work, I can see this was all installed - but not tested :/ .

TBH I wouldn't bother wasting time on it looks a rubbish unit best to just get shut of it and replace it least you know your going to be good for a fair few years

TBH I wouldn't bother wasting time on it looks a rubbish unit best to just get shut of it and replace it least you know your going to be good for a fair few years

I agree with you! - hardest thing is going to be getting the builders to correct all their mistakes (after spending a lot of money). I'm likely going to have to take a legal route, glory be :/ .

I wonder how much it would cost me to have a fitter put in a nice normal wired thermostat?

Depends on a few things best get a local engy to quote for one

They need to be gas safe tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FLOMASTA 22601SX WIRELESS THERMOSTAT Help please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock