Search the forum,

Discuss Flouroen NiMH 18V Batteries for DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 2 of these NiMH 3AH batteries on eBay for my aging dewalt tools. The batteries are made in China and look and feel like good quality items at a very good price. But be warned, they are rubbish. Both batteries from the off didn't seem to last as long as I hoped and I was constantly having to recharge them. Within a month they simply lacked the power to drive anything properly and wouldn't hold a charge when left for any length of time . In just a few more months they are both totally dead and heading to the recycle center...

Had the same with a battery I brought for a laptop.

Nicads were much better for abuse , but now outlawed !
( Pretty soon got fed up with freshly charging NiMH just before use )

My old mans got the li-ion version and swears by them.

Heard a lot of the un branded batteries are absolutely cack.

I've got the Makita ones aswell, never had a problem. Ones just died but it was 3-4 years old.

they are fine for low drain tools but when they are pushed the combination of low quality cells and questionable cell overheat and over drain protection will equal a short lifespan and poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flouroen NiMH 18V Batteries for DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

P
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock