Search the forum,

Discuss Flue 600mm from a surface or boundary facing the terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Any one come across it were a builder has built a house and were the position they want the boiler the flue points out to a boundary. No surface there. But less than 600mm away from the boundary line between 2 properties. I am correct in saying this is not acceptable? Its mainly for nuisance and the possibility for the neighbour extending there property out or installing a height fence. Just want to make sure I am right because another gas engineer has ok'd the proposed position of the boiler. Thanks for your insight.

Depends on boiler I think Worcester allow it aslong as it doesn't break gas regs eg opening etc

Thank your saying Worcester allow you within 600mm boundary as long as no surface there? On your site we install Ideals. Which the instructions quotes, From a surface or boundary facing the terminal. min spacing 600mm.

So in my eyes that's fine

On the job I am on its 400mm to the boundary from the flue of the boilers proposed position. Even though there's no surface at the boundary. This wouldn't be acceptable?

Needs to be 600mm to the boundary or some people put plumb kits on but still really don't comply but they still get passed

Thanks that's what I thought 600mm to the boundary line even if no surface there. What have you seen done with the plumb kits? Been used to turn the termination on a angle?

Thanks that's what I thought 600mm to the boundary line even if no surface there. What have you seen done with the plumb kits? Been used to turn the termination on a angle?

Yea sort of a 45 away from the wall

Thanks one plume kit section vertical then 45 degree away from the wall? I will have to confirm with work that this is not a suitable position for the flue termination. Its been passed by someone else.

Bet you that's what he's doing or just leaving it as a standard flue

Have you seen the 600mm to boundary rule been breached quite abit?

more than i would like to see but less than the amount of ones too close to windows

Must admit when walking around I see a fair few that look less than 300mm to windows. Find my self wanting to measure them!

Here's one . kop

IMG-20180605-WA0002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue 600mm from a surface or boundary facing the terminal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock