Search the forum,

Discuss Flue design for greenstar 30 si boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wlinton66

Hi im fitting a central heating system for a friend, i am a plumber, and i have already paid to to my gas safe course sarting in october, my be commisioning this boiler and doing the gas connections, he is on holiday till saturday so i cant contact him for advice. Mt question is about the flue. It is coming out horizontal from the boiler, hits a 90 degree bend, goes vertical 105cm, hits another 90 degree bend, then goes through the wall to the out side. I was wondering if that design was ok. Thanks william

If you havent done your course and passed it you shouldnt be doing the job anyway

im only doing the system, hanging the boiler, and doing the water connections, cored the hole for the flue, but was just wondering if that was the correct design. flue position meets the regulations.

The boiler manufacturer give clear instruction for the flue in their
installation manual.

This is what you should be following for correct and safe fitting.

i am also aware that for every 90 degree bend fitted it takes off the overall lengh of the flue allowed. i am also aware that i am allowed to fit central heating systems but not the gas connetions, i can run the gas pipe te to the boiler and to the point of connection at the meter but cant make the final connections to both sources, and i cant operate the boiler until these conections are done and it has been commissioned by a gas safe registered person ie, my shadow. just looking for that advice to avoid getting slagged when he gets back,.

This thread troubles me, if you're not sure then wait untill your mate returns then everything will be done correctly, within the law first time.

nope im definitely a plumber, just was not sure about the flue. as i need to buy either that design ive metioned or a vertical flue with one 90 degree bend . ie straight ut 105cm and then out horizontally by 58 cm

Page 20 of the install manual.

None of the examples match your scheme.

But the table related to it gives a clue.

How big did you core the hole?

i know the examples dont match wat i would like it to be, i was just wondering if the design i mentioned is the right one. either of them i mean. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue design for greenstar 30 si boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising vertically, then a new 135 degree bend (although the paint has come off as you can see), then the rusty pipe, another 135 degree bend which looks very...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I was hoping to find a place where I could some advice to what’s hopefully a straightforward question and this looks to be it :) I have an Intergas combi boiler that has a horizontal extension via my outside wall and to the balcony, all in all about 5 meters in length. Due to some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a WB Greenstar 30 Si and I am having a problem where the DHW intermittently cuts out then comes back on after a couple of mins. It happens on all taps/showers including the kitchen tap. When the problem occurs the flame light on the boiler goes on and the fault indicator light stays...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have the above mentioned boiler linked to a Nest Thermostat. The problem I have is when the boiler is set to No.5 which heats the water to circa 67 degrees, it reaches temperature, the gas light goes out and it cools down to circa 30 degrees then heats back up again. This continues...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock