Search the forum,

Discuss Flue Terminal in Alcove (Baxi EcoBlue System 32) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, take a look at the following and let me know what you think.

A customer wants an unobtrusive flue terminal (new installation) in the front of a listed building. The preferred site is in the center of an alcove, approx 600mm from the floor with more than 300mm clearance to all siting considerations mentioned in the MIs.

The clincher is that it plumes onto a parking bay with a car often less than (potentially) 1 metre directly in front of it. The flue is of an equivalent length of less than 4 metres with the boiler in the basement.

If I presumed that it was in a car port with an effective three openable sides and fitted with a guard, that would satisfy the MIs. But something doesn't sit right with the idea of putting a terminal in an alcove.

Please let me know what you think. This is part of a major job (for me) due to start shortly and this will be my first installation from zero.

Thanks

View attachment 31576

Alcove pic.jpg

Alcove pic 2.jpg

I would want it level with the front

Does the Listing allow for such an installation?
What caused it to be Listed?

It doesn't equate to a car port, the discharge is low and at risk of the alcove being covered either by a vehicle parked too close or something like one of those boards being propped up over it.

Come out under the top of the alcove and plume kit up, maybe, Listing permitting.

The punter wants unobtrusive, so presumably a plume kit wont cut it.
It may not "feel" right, but if all the measurements stack up, then I would do it. Cars can be parked right up to plenty of terminals, and anything can be placed against any low terminal guard. This is probably better in that respect!

I would, however, note in writing that there is a risk of paint damage due to the POC's.

Its never going to be unobtrusive bud plumeing at low level and it will need a terminal gaurd so look ugly but its got to be to MI and the regs one of those awkward ones, a plume kit terminal gaurd and minium 1200mm to any vehicles parked there would still be my choice . cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-11-02-05-18-15.png

Last edited:
Thank you all,

The customer would rather put the flue through an existing lined chimney rather than put a kit on the front of the building however.

As for the listing permissions he wants me to give him options to put forward. I am averse to the lined chimney solution as its an unknown to me. I'll give it some more thought but thanks for all the ideas this is a learning curve :)

Have a look at Worcester or Viessmann they do a flexible flue liner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Terminal in Alcove (Baxi EcoBlue System 32) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock