Search the forum,

Discuss forum rules..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding my deleted post and locking of the thread the forum rules say and I quote "We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."

Now the op was asking about a thermostat and the connections....this is not installing or repairing a gas appliance, boiler, cooker......Its connecting a thermostat. Maybe you need to update your forum rules.

No as with this boiler you would need to remove the case of the appliance to get at the pcb etc which under gas safe law you need to be qualified to do eg gas safe reg

If you are please provide your gas safe no

No as with this boiler you would need to remove the case of the appliance to get at the pcb etc which under gas safe law you need to be qualified to do eg gas safe reg

If you are please provide your gas safe no

What's the got to do with the quoted part of the forum rules? I've been told to read the forum rules......I have........My post was not in breach of the forum rules..........hence the point of this thread. Are you admin or a moderator Shaun?

What's the got to do with the quoted part of the forum rules? I've been told to read the forum rules......I have........My post was not in breach of the forum rules..........hence the point of this thread. Are you admin or a moderator Shaun?

Please read my post again to gain access to the pcb where you need to wire your room stat into etc you will be required to remove the case and you can't unless your gas safe reg

Many Thanks
Shaun

Please read my post again to gain access to the pcb where you need to wire your room stat into etc you will be required to remove the case and you can't unless your gas safe reg

Many Thanks
Shaun

Please read my post again.....How is the connection of a thermostat in breach of the forum rules? "We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."

Please read my post again.....How is the connection of a thermostat in breach of the forum rules? "We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."

You need to remove the case of the boiler, which requires you to be gas safe , unless your gas safe you can't fit the thermo stat and we can't give advice as your not qualified

only the gassafe elite are allowed to remove boiler cases . I do not go into consumer units .

please read what Shaun said,its in plain English,not open for debate,abide by the rules or find a different forum,as you would have too remove the combustion panel on most boilers this is probably why the thread got pulled

Attachments

• 123.PNG
    123.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 1234.PNG
    1234.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 28
What on earth is a decorative casing?

Think of a baxi solo, you take the case off and there's a secondary combustion seal / door

The point is that cases make seals which protect people should anything go wrong with the combustion process

please read what Shaun said,its in plain English,not open for debate,abide by the rules or find a different forum,as you would have too remove the combustion panel on most boilers this is probably why the thread got pulled

I don't think your getting the point....I am abiding by the rules. No where in the rules does it say that no one can give information about the connection of a thermostat. the forum rules state "We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."

What part of connecting a thermostat falls under the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliance?

Because to wire said stat they need to remove the boiler cover why isn't this sinking in

I don't think your getting the point....I am abiding by the rules. No where in the rules does it say that no one can give information about the connection of a thermostat. the forum rules state "We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety unless you can prove you are in the industry."

What part of connecting a thermostat falls under the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliance?

Im sorry but I can't explain it any more simple than this

Take case off to get at electrics need to be gas safe

Jesus bloody wept !!! Be told , its like talking to one of the kids

Gotcha. So removing the decorative casing wouldn't make any parts accessible anyway

Non of the combustion parts normally pump and diverter and plate and pcb are exposed once you take the decorate cover off

Why isn't it sinking in that that connecting a thermostat is not repairing or installing a boiler/gas appliance?

YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE COVER OFF and forum rules and gas safe rules state if you take the cover off you must be GAS SAFE unless it's a decorate cover

Why isn't it sinking in that that connecting a thermostat is not repairing or installing a boiler/gas appliance?

Which types of boilers require a Gas Safe certified installer for a Nest Thermostat installation?
In the UK, most boilers do not require a Gas Safe installer for a Nest Thermostat installation. Typically, only combi boilers with a functional case do. However, it can be difficult to tell which type of boiler you have, so it’s best to get a qualified professional to help you.

Which types of boilers require a Gas Safe certified installer for a Nest Thermostat installation?
In the UK, most boilers do not require a Gas Safe installer for a Nest Thermostat installation. Typically, only combi boilers with a functional case do. However, it can be difficult to tell which type of boiler you have, so it’s best to get a qualified professional to help you.

Its not me....I gave advice on the connections of a thermostat and the post was deleted.

Dear lord. You're just being deliberately awkward.

I'm glad we have established that a blanket statement of having to be GSR to remove any boiler cover is completely wrong :hurray:

lol because regulation 6 of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations wouldn't help your argument?

Yes it does can you touch the gas valve if yes you need to be gas safe but then you would need to remove the case so you would need to be gas safe just incase it doesn't have a secondary door/ seal

Stop digging a hole to Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to forum rules..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock