Search the forum,

Discuss Franke Davos handles in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I know nothing about plumbing 🤦‍♂️ and am trying to sort out a leaking kitchen tap. It's a Franke Davos 'J' Tap. I turned off the water to the sink and took off the screws at the end of the handles (also the spout, although that may not have been necessary). I thought the handles should just come off, but they don't.

Are they just really badly stuck, and I need to use some force? If so, any suggestion of how to do this without damaging them? What is confusing is that the manual shows a bolt at the BOTTOM of the handles (rather than the screw at the end), but there definitely doesn't seem to be any screw or bolt there. Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_20230811_191754147.jpg

IMG_20230811_191806279.jpg
IMG_20230811_191823921.jpg

Last edited:
Remove the screws then try pouring boiling water on the handle, taking all precautions when using hot water,
I did see a picture showing a screw at the bottom , but this one shows the screw in the end.

Davos tap.PNG

Remove the screws then try pouring boiling water on the handle, taking all precautions when using hot water,
I did see a picture showing a screw at the bottom , but this one shows the screw in the end.

View attachment 84487
Thank you again. I did manage to get one of the handles off; the other one is still stuck so I'll have to have another go at it tomorrow.

Another question - once I took the cartridge out, I tried to take it apart to clean it and take a look at the ceramic disc inside, but I didn't seem to be able to do this (and in fact ended up destroying the red rubber seal at the end of the cartridge ... :/ ). So do I understand correctly that I'll have to replace the entire cartridge in order to fix the leak? (I tried to clean it as good as I could, but the leak is still occurring.)

Thanks!

Yes you can’t clean them just replace them

Yes you can’t clean them just replace them
Thanks - I've ordered them (they're not cheap are they?); hopefully they will actually fix the leak! 🤞🤞🤞

Do you have any suggestions for how to get the other handle off? I think it's just really stuck due to all the limescale. Do you reckon more hot water would help, or do I just need to get it off whichever way I can, and buy a new handle if it comes to it?

Thanks - I've ordered them (they're not cheap are they?); hopefully they will actually fix the leak! 🤞🤞🤞

Do you have any suggestions for how to get the other handle off? I think it's just really stuck due to all the limescale. Do you reckon more hot water would help, or do I just need to get it off whichever way I can, and buy a new handle if it comes to it?

It’s one of them you could get a flat blades screwdriver in the gap between the body and the handle and be mindful this could / high probability mark both so maybe a bit of electrical tape and try and give it a pry

Reply to Franke Davos handles in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock