Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Free Standing Bath Drainage in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. luke4321

luke4321 New Member

Hello, complete novice here.

Recently our bath has been incredibly slow to empty, resulting in having to plunge it recently to get any thing moving.

After plunging over a few weeks, looking down the hole I could see a bit of scrunched up grey rubber (it had started to flow ok around this point).

Not wanting to poke it or push it disconnected the bath and flipped it over to see what it is. Please find pictures attached. This was completely screwed up in the waste pipe.

Ive tried placing it back in the waste pip but it just remains flat, which I can only see blocking the water again.

Do I need to buy a replacement part/parts?

Also I'm a little concerned about this being sealed up properly, a lot of clear rubber came apart on the thread when I undid it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, Thanks.

IMG_4315.JPG

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It looks like it's part of a waterless trap

And your best bet would be replace the whole trap for the same type

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

The clear rubber on the thread is a silicone sealant the installer used for some reason.

4. luke4321

luke4321 New Member

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm going to pop to B&Q to see if I can find a replacement. Is the silicone sealant necessary?

Thanks.

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

It will be a hep V0 water
    Ess trap

7. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would also say it looks like the centre from a HEPVO

8. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

If its is slow to drain then was the hepvo trap fitted the correct way ? The space under a freestanding bath to fit a trap is very tight hence why they have used an elbow onto this style of trap . As they have siliconed the elbow tells me they are possibly no idea about plumbing as you can still clearly see that the black o ring is still in the elbow.

Just stick a new hepvo trap in with the arrows pointing the way the water drains, also make sure you have enough space under the bath for the trap.

9. luke4321

luke4321 New Member

Thanks for the responses, and for identifying the type of trap as my local B&Q didn't have anything like it. I assume the rubber piece allows water out but blocks out any smells coming back up? (as have put everything back for now and the smell is bad) Will look to getting the replacement trap sorted from plumbing store.