Search the forum,

Discuss G3 question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
I am G3 registered and have repaired loads of UVDHW cylinders but, until now, have not installed one.
I am in the middle of replacing a UVDHW cylinder with a new one as the old one was faulty.

I would like to know if I have to inform anyone that I have done so and, if I do, whom do I inform?

aha :)

If you have the unvented showing on your gas safe card then just notify them and they will do the rest

As Riley says. It is notifiable to the local authority building control but Gas Safe will do it easier and cheaper.

GS probably will do it cheaper and easier but I haven't registered it with them so its not on my card.
How much do they want for adding it to your card?

I definitely didn't pay extra for adding it but I cannot recall if it was around the time of a new card

No charge and if you phone them it gets added straight away. However, if you want a new card with G3 printed on it, that costs about ÂŁ12.

I am not gas qualified, but I have the G3. Although I got the card after I first did the unvented exam, when I renewed it all I got was a certificate.
I just have to fill the paperwork and put my G3 number on it and give it to local building control.

I am not gas qualified, but I have the G3. Although I got the card after I first did the unvented exam, when I renewed it all I got was a certificate.
I just have to fill the paperwork and put my G3 number on it and give it to local building control.

Do they not charge you for registering notifiable works? Ours do!

Do they not charge you for registering notifiable works? Ours do!

Yes. Same as with you. Customer has to pay building fee, unless already paying for an entire building job inspection

A quick email with your details/certificate to gas safe and it will be on your registration within 24 hours

Costs about ÂŁ200 to notify to building control. If your a member of a trade body it's about ÂŁ2.50. Just fill in paperwork on the cylinder with your number etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G3 question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it is earthed. The new tap will use flexible tails and so will not be earth bonded. My initial search for information suggests that there is no legal...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock