Search the forum,

Discuss galvanised pipe glue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stirling

Hope someone can help
I install wash systems and boredholes (water wells) in my job I've came across old pipes that wouldn't move until you heat them. The old boy I work with tells me it was a pipe glue they got back in the day. He tells me that it came in a big bottle and all you done was spread it on the pipe and put the fittings together by hand no tape horse hair wrenchs or grips needed. In a couple of minutes it hardend and you could put water throw it.
Does anyone no of a product like this or what the original one was called

Well Loctite make good glues but you sure the old boy isn't yanking your chain?

yea sounds like stag b or just plain boss white / putty and paint

No because I've taken the stuff apart takes like 10 mins of heating before it will move

There is a product called Rocol Rapidseal Thread Sealant someone I have worked with insisted I use on radiator valve tails, and on olives. Rocol also makes other similar products. I don't use it on my own jobs (because I can't see anything wrong with hemp and paste, or Loctite 55), but it did seem to work.
Not sure if it's as quick as what you are suggesting, nor if it's good enough to let you get away with finger tightness, though I suppose in the old days they were stronger than we are today.

There is a product called Rocol Thread Sealant someone I have worked with insisted I use on radiator valve tails (in preference to hemp and paste or Loctite 55), and on olives. Rocol also makes other similar products. I don't use it myself, but it did seem to work.

wasnt made back then mate

Red stag paste used to set like that had to heat up to soften it you still had to tighten the pipes properly though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to galvanised pipe glue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock