Search the forum,

Discuss gas analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

metaldust9

anyone any ideas on whats a good gas analyser ,testo,kane etc been looking at the kane 455 anyone used one or no if there any good

I mainly use the Kane 455 and quite like it. I like the fact it has the rotary dial rather than buttons to flick through to change between test types. The downside is that it takes about 80 seconds to purge on start up. I've use one of the older analysers that were issued to British Gas and they only take 30 seconds to purge on start up.

mate of mine who works for british gas has anton telegan v3 and says its the best one he,s used anyone used one of them

Anton Sprint V3, same as the V2 but with Bluetooth.

British Gas use 8000 V3's and about 2000 TPI instruments.

We see approximately 200 Sprints a week, very few problems with them. Easy to use, firmware updateable to add addition functions to the soft control buttons, something you can not do on mechanical switches. Expandable to add NOx if and when required, USB port to connect additional probes, so far the gas leak probe but they are working on other. The USB port is used to down load the stored logs. With a few authorised service companies, choice of who to send to for service and recalibration.

Another make to look at is Testo; either the 327 or the 330LL range. Both have menu driven function keys, once set up, easy to use. At least one authorised service company in the UK. They may be more next year.
The 330LL version has long life cells which have an expected life of 5 to 6 years. This keeps your calibration cost down, but the instrument is a lot more expensive than the Kane or Anton instruments.

The Kane 455, direct CO2 and 5 year life on CO cell. Not sure on the benefits of direct CO2 and calculated O2 readings having read about excess air and how it is calculated. Reasonably high service costs, but no cells required for 5 years. Kane do not have authorised service companies, so be careful who you send it to for calibration.

TPI instruments. ….nice colour. Apart from that I know too little about the instrument to comment. Some customers happy with instrument.

Do not go for some obscure manufacture, they may not be any UK based support. Stay with the main four.

thanx kevin good info looks like the sprint v2 then as testo £200 more an times are hard at the mo,having just paid out for the gas ,but got to have analyser if wana do repairs or A rated installs ,as seen the things that can go wrong if ye not got one

Only thing i don't rate on the Antons is the way the pipe fits on the meter, its a poor push fit, and often drops off, just when you don't want it to!. No problem otherwise, haven't used any other make so can't comment, however the Kane multimeter style control knob looks good to use.

Al

carnt ye make the pipe tighter fitting or is it fixed as part of the unit

Used the Kane 455, Anton sprint and TPI 712. Heard not a lot of good things about the Testo.
Kane all the way! Quality bit of kit and a trained Gas safe chimp could use it.

Kane providea reasonable service themselves and gaurantee the machine if theydo the service

I have an Anton Sprint V2. Really happy with it. Does the job easy to use.

just bought a V2 yesterday from PHEX gave me a good deal and first yr calibration free. It does look a decent gadgets.

I really rate the Testo 327-1 and great prices can be had these days, even on their cpa kits as they have come down a lot. We got a big discount at plumb center too.

Must admit I'm happy with my Testo as well. It had constipation a week or two ago and stopped working properly. A couple of days later when I tried it again, it was fine.

my tpi is a pile of poo,new testo or anton me thinks anyone have calibration costs?

I've only used the Anton Sprint V2 and would highly recommend it to anyone.
plenty of optional extras and calibration costs about £60+ unless any problems.

got anton v2 kit 2 from plumbase cos they were cheapest and have 2 months to pay on my account altho most were around the same plus my bg mate got one and swears by it

My old boss had the Anton one as well. Very easy to use and good layout. It's the model I'll be getting later this month when Gas Safe Registered.

i have a sprint v2 that I got from Kevin at GES cannot recommend enough from technical help to a superb calibration service,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas analysers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock