Search the forum,

Discuss Gas engineering course inquire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I am 27 years old living in London working as a painter decorator at the moment but I would like to become a gas engineer as I love doing mechanical and technical work.I know it is hard and it takes long time but I have to start somehow.
I am looking for part time evening or weekend courses as I have to earn some money to do my living so Could someone advise me what kind of gas course will be appropriate for a man without experience in gas industry?
Which college would be the best for this purpose and approved by the gas companies after finishing the course ?

best to speak to your local tech collage

Unless you have any, you need to get some basic plumbing knowledge as you need to understand how systems work.

do you guys think it is a good idea to start as a dual fuel meter fitter at first and then to improve in gas engineer

i agree with jtsplumbing, you need plenty of plumbing knowledge before this why not aim for an nvq2 first and then nvq3 and then your gas qualification acs followed by your gas safe ticket then you'll be ready

You need some plumbing experience as the guys have said i would start doing a evening plumbing course and progress from there . cheers kops

Thanks for the info guys
Its really helpful for me
Do i have to gain a diploma in plumbing first and then to progress to nvq or I can do nvq course straight away (theory practice and assessing) because Usually I know nvq is assessing on site so i have to work as a plumber I assume
What do you reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas engineering course inquire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock