Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss gas pipe running underground , what are the regs? in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. mike-

mike- New Member

I have no intention on doing this myself as i am a joiner,
    i would like to know any cons to putting a propane bottle to cooker gas pipe underground appose to having it running around my house wall, ?
    just some advice on the regulatons and the extra cost on materials would be much appreciated?
    i would assume it would have to go in a protective sleeve?
    does the cold effect gas like it does water?

thanks
    Mike

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Fine if done right I would say get a lpg gas engineer out to price for the works

• Like Like x 2
  3. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No reason why it cant be done but you will need to employ a a GSRI who does lpg cheers kop

• Like Like x 2
  4. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes it can be done, needs to be a min depth and other rules to apply depending on distance may be a idea to use TracPipe (S/Steel) flexible and would be NO joints under ground