Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe application pending/what happens next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've just received my ACS certificate for CENWAT and CPA1 (I'm going to add other elements at a later date), and have submitted my application to gas safe register online and payed the fee (Its my first time registering), and it says application pending, and that they'll contact me when it's processed.

My question is how long does this process usually take, and what usually happens next? Do they want to interview me first? Or can I start gas work straight away (Obviously when I get the card), and they inspect me after 3 months? I've been told different things by different people you see.

Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks snowhead for the information as I was wondering too how that works in the future.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I realise that. What I was getting at was how long does this usually take. And what happens next?

It's just that they don't seem to be very clear on the probation period. I've been told different things by different people you see.

EDIT: Ok, so it looks like I can start as soon as they've processed and accepted my application. So I guess it's however long that takes. Which presumably means they inspect my work at a later date?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
You will need to wait for you certificates and id to be proccessed as you need your registration number and licence number to work on gas 3 to 4 weeks normally , there is a probation period for newly qualified installers for 6 months and the gas work you carry out in that time will be inspected by the gas safe inspector until he is satisfied your competent enough then he will sign you off , ball ache i know but thats the way it works all the best bud cheers kop .

Thanks for all the replies. It seems I now have a definitive answer! I phoned gas safe yesterday morning to ask this very question, the lady there said I should be registered and able to start gas work in 5 working days (basically as soon as I get the confirmation email), so I thought, "fantastic I just have to wait another week."

Literally about 5 hours later they emailed me to confirm that I am now gas safe registered and can start work immediately! Although as you've mentioned I'm now on a 6 month probation period.

They said I'll get my id card in ten days (they've already emailed me my engineer id number).

So glad it's over!

Welcome to the world of gas safe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe application pending/what happens next? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock