Search the forum,

Discuss Gas smell in meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bracket does not have to be secured.

Where the leak was before the outlet?

If so, a call and bollocking would be in order. Up to the outlet is their problem. Without question. And they disc the outlet, not the inlet.
This isn’t strictly true!!

Pleased to report no more gas smells. Not so pleased the nice new meter bracket fitted by Mr Gas is floating 6 inches from the wall. So my questions - is this a safety fail and should I get the 0800111999 guys back?

Is it sat on a surface - or literally floating?

How so, Jef?
Up to the outlet is the responsibility if certain things are in place. Namely a PEMS contract. The shipper own the meter and gov not grid. Also depends on type of meter...smart,ETM,E6 or others in a semi sub. None of these can be changed therefore a cap at the inlet is necessary

Up to the outlet is the responsibility if certain things are in place. Namely a PEMS contract. The shipper own the meter and gov not grid. Also depends on type of meter...smart,ETM,E6 or others in a semi sub. None of these can be changed therefore a cap at the inlet is necessary

Responded to this last week via phone, but hasnt appeared.

I stand corrected, Jef. I had forgotten about PEMs. However, when I was with NG, we would have repaired leaks, but did not "work" on the meter itself, so no resetting etc if neccessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas smell in meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock