Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss "Generic fixing kit" wont fit. What to do next? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. P B

P B Member

Hi,
    I have now bought three different fixing kits which will not fit a VictoriaPlum Mode Quartz shower.
    The threaded compression part will not fit over a filter on the mixer valve.
    whats the solution as i can only see option of drill a 20mm bore out the threaded nut and i dont have a dril that size here.
    pic attached i hope to show.
    thanks

Bar Valve and threaded compression nut

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sorry VP = garbage

3. P B

P B Member

yes that may be but its what i have to fit. what would you do to get this sorted

4. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

VP will probably sell you an adaptor, they do for their other foreign fittings.

5. P B

P B Member

It was their fixing kit that i tried last after they said it would fit...

6. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Only have a photograph but it looks likes it could fit, have you tried both ends? (Sorry if you have).

7. P B

P B Member

yes. other end threads on wall kit

8. P B

P B Member

upload_2018-10-4_18-22-15.jpeg here is an example of a kit

9. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Have you got a spec on the shower and a picture from further back showing the whole valve.

10. P B

P B Member

11. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That fixing kit looks wider at one end to me. Could just be the pic though. The male foxing screw needs to have the spanner flats nearest the wall

12. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Is it the central part of the shower connection that is stopping it from securing? If so then it may unscrew, it houses the filter. I've had the same issue a couple of times and found the only fittings that work on them are the 'Z' adapters and I refuse to use them.
    The central part has a hex so suggests you can undo and remove that bit.
    Just be sure to use the filter style washers once it's out as you don't want muck getting in the valve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. P B

P B Member

Thanks will try that and sounds like a sensible solution.

14. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Member

Be careful, make sure the piece you intend to remove is not a non- return valve. If it is you will need to put some in the hot/cold supplies nearby or the shower may not work correctly.