Discuss Getting more business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark_mc

I have tried all, from handing out leafets and business cards the works and have got bits and pieces

Today i had a great idea, well at least i think it good. was looking at the planning appilcation in the local paper and it has as you know upcoming work extentions and new builds etc

i was going to contract the people via letter with a businness card attacted offering free advice and quotation when the time comes, what would write in letter/

Good idea

Also maybe look at houses for sale in local paper,often people moving need small plumbing jobs done before they move,word flyer to suit,same with houses with sold signs,people moving into a new house often require work also

Your letter and card will be 1 of many the people will receive. There are lots of trades doing just that including some of the big boys. You may get some success.

In a letter just introduce yourself as ??? plumbing, heating, gas with ??? years experience, types of work covered etc etc

The fact is, you are marketing to people who are either not looking for your services right now using direct mail with people you have NO RELATIONSHIP with or you are trying to get attention of people who have little to no time.

In this age right now, people are bombarded with advertising and they have even less time to deal with it now than they did 10 years ago. When people have too much information to take in and too little time to take it in, they begin to ignore the noise.

What have you done to target the people WHO ARE looking for your services right now? Like today, people were looking for you.

Actually, I know for a Fact that 550,000 people were looking for a plumber last month alone on Google in the UK.

Are you positioning yourself properly?

With How long have you been in business?

Are you a sole trader?

Where about in the Uk are you from?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting more business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back