Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm 15 hxi roaring noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Tommo25

Gas Engineer
I services this boiler a few days ago. Routine service analyser in checked pressures all good etc. Cleaned condense. Didn’t strip the burner or have to touch gas valve.
The next day the Customer has reported the boiler is making a roaring sound (never happened till I touched it). Anyone have any idea’s ?
When doing the min and max I did turn the pentameter in the top left all the way clock wise to get max for FGA, this wouldn’t have affected anything would it?

Hopefully some one can help, I don’t have a great deal of experience with glow worms

sounds like your mixture could be off

Worked for them before, nightmare customer. Should of learnt my lesson with him last time... The manufactures instructions are a bit unclear on the high/low fire. The only way I can see I could of caused it was when I’ve turned the pentameter at the back of the PCB but I’ve returned that to it’s original position? Might be a phone call to glow worm when I’m back there tomorrow

It’s jobs/customers like this that we could all do with out.

Worked for them before, nightmare customer. Should of learnt my lesson with him last time... The manufactures instructions are a bit unclear on the high/low fire. The only way I can see I could of caused it was when I’ve turned the pentameter at the back of the PCB but I’ve returned that to it’s original position? Might be a phone call to glow worm when I’m back there tomorrow

It’s jobs/customers like this that we could all do with out.
I feel for you mate

I’ve got a bit of a crib sheet that may help you.

Last time I called Glowworm about that boiler they were abit funny with me. They told me I must strip and clean the boiler on every visit.

E6F4E2AA-0C93-4AE7-9976-4FBC25565805.png

Cheers lads yeah I’ve spoke to them (glow worm) before and had a cold reception. They talk to you as if your stupid.

None of this would’ve happened if they had a proper boiler fitted ... like a viessmann haha.
Anyway thanks for the help I’ll report back tomorrow hopefully solved

Went back today and it went from bad to worse. I spoke to glow worm and they told me find a happy medium and alter the gas valve so that the boiler would not make the noise.
With the boiler set to max I started to do so. The boiler then locked out on over heat. I rang glow worm again to explain reset the over heat stat (small red button) and re set the boiler.

I still had glow worm on the phone at this point. With the boiler now back on the fan was constantly pulsing. Glow worm said the main PCB was now at fault!!! At which point my heat fell out my a*se!
The guy at glow worm explained to the customer that this was shear bad luck and not my fault. Which I had also explained.

Customer is now getting glow worm out to do a out of warranty repair.

All this aggravation for a £60 service!

Went back today and it went from bad to worse. I spoke to glow worm and they told me find a happy medium and alter the gas valve so that the boiler would not make the noise.
With the boiler set to max I started to do so. The boiler then locked out on over heat. I rang glow worm again to explain reset the over heat stat (small red button) and re set the boiler.

I still had glow worm on the phone at this point. With the boiler now back on the fan was constantly pulsing. Glow worm said the main PCB was now at fault!!! At which point my heat fell out my a*se!
The guy at glow worm explained to the customer that this was shear bad luck and not my fault. Which I had also explained.

Customer is now getting glow worm out to do a out of warranty repair.

All this aggravation for a £60 service!
S**t happens sometimes mate

If it’s pulsing, it’s definitely the pcb. If it was on its way out, thebanging around from the service finished it off. I repaired one recently and bought a reconditioned board off eBay for about £70 I think

Reply to Glow worm 15 hxi roaring noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock