Search the forum,

Discuss Glow Worm Spacer Saver Replacement Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dandaman2234

Hi Guys,

At the moment our boiler (Glow Worm Spacer Saver RF) seems to be on its way out, there's quite a few weird 'clunking' noises coming from it now and again and I occasionally have to take the cover off it to free the fan up with WD40 or similar spray to get it to start up. About 4 days ago the boiler stopped working and we had to call a plumber out to see what was happening. It turned out to be a solenoid that wasn't turning on the gas valve (the ignitor would just spark for ever). He said there's a possibility that the part is obselete and would be hard to find (the boiler is from the mid 70's/80's I would imagine).

I've looked on the internet and apparently there's a scheme where the government gives households grants to upgrade their boilers. Is this any good? What type of boiler would be recommended for a replacement ? (Our current boiler is wall mounted and by the sounds of the regulations there might be a few alterations needed like a waste pipe for
condensed liquids as well as a larger gas pipe, although I might be wrong).

Thank you,
Dan

if ou want to use a grant then talk to the providers, if you want to pay fora decent job talk to an independant installer and you want a shock get a quote from BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm Spacer Saver Replacement Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock