Discuss Gloworm betacom 24c not staying lit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selectsands

Gas Engineer
Help please, after trying to discourage my customer from moving this old boiler, I dutifully did and once she fired back up, the burner lit for about five seconds then out and the flame flashing indicator starts flashing... is this a problem with something I may have done or the pressure switch, gas valve... ???
Cheers in advance
Anthony

What testing have you done ?

Hi guys, yes I’m gas safe registered, I’ve read a number of your posts so know you’re both very knowledgeable.
I checked the gas supply, that the fan works, the pump runs, the system pressure is 1.5 bar, the condensate trap and pipe isn’t blocked..
what am I missing
Cheers

Hi guys, yes I’m gas safe registered, I’ve read a number of your posts so know you’re both very knowledgeable.
I checked the gas supply, that the fan works, the pump runs, the system pressure is 1.5 bar, the condensate trap and pipe isn’t blocked..
what am I missing
Cheers

What comes after the fan in the ignition sequence

The fan proves the differential switch and then ignition , I guess the boiler is staying in the low burner state and the gas valve is not opening fully... flame rectification??

The fan proves the differential switch and then ignition , I guess the boiler is staying in the low burner state and the gas valve is not opening fully... flame rectification??

Does it stay lit?

Give admin your gas safe number mate. They can then give you he correct access to the areas you need.

Morning guys, apologies the missed said that if I didn’t stop working there would be trouble!! It only seemed to stay alighted for a few seconds... then out and then flashing flame or gas failure light flashes... how do I give admin my gas number please

Did wonder if that might be it last night, maybe just a case of checking it’s not got dirty and needs a wipe...

Worth checking also if it lights and then goes out what's that telling you?

Also pm me your gs number will get it sorted for you

Good call , when I moved it and it was lying on its back it may have washed some dirt about in the trap... I’m message my details to you Shaun , thanks

Evening Shaun , I believe I messaged you but haven’t heard anything, did I send it correctly? I’ve been working on a new build site today... jeez they couldn’t organise a fart in a baked bean factory!!

Will look now haven't been on much today due to work constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gloworm betacom 24c not staying lit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back