Search the forum,

Discuss gloworm compact 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

this boiler is begining to get the better of me .Every so often the boiler gives only luke warm water for a day then goes ok.checked voltages to gas valve and they are in tolerance and burner pressure is not bad should be 15 getting 14mb.i thought hw thermistor but now having my doubts,even thought plate to plate at first but it would work for wks then go faulty and then work again.checked for heat going down central heating flow and seemd ok .been back to it tonight and was getting the burner pressure but luke warm water -the central heating pipe was warm but not hot so now suspect diverter passing -so took motor off which was working fine and pressed plunger in on diverter which seemed to improve the hw temp -put back together and it worked then did the same again 2 hrs later luke warm water.thinking of changing diverter this wk to see -i just dont want to throw parts at it unless it needs them

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gloworm compact 80e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the past year the hot water when turned on was intermittent. I repressurised the expansion vessel to 1 bar and the hot water switch when turned on worked...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
P
I have an Ideal combi isar HE 24. Heating works perfectly but hot water does not at all. Turn any hot tap on and water gets luke warm after about 10 seconds then boiler disengages and water gets cold again. Been told it could be thermistor, or a couple of other things. Can anyone please help?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock