Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm 100ff confirm my ideas please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
Glowworm 100ff wall hung 30kw conventional boiler. Set up in garage with correct 28mm runs to rest of system. All worked well over the years odd new bits and bobs. Recently serviced It goes through start up sequence fine style.
Call on from timer in house, fan starts, pump on, starts ignition sequence spark ignites pilot gas - pilot established and bingo ...............28mm out starts to heat up but after about 10 mins ------------------------- shut down. Cool down and will do it all again. All rads (12 rads) are open and 3 way for cylinder is always open. Rads start to heat up. So whats the problem ? I think maybe pump is lala despite being new 3 years ago and runs smoothly. No airlocks centralheating water out of bleeds on all 3 levels of the gaff. The only control for heat is on the boiler and set at 3/4 full heat. Any ideas. It does not get to modulation in 10 mins - house is too big
Thanks in anticipation

Start by making sure the pump is spinning mate. Take the centre out and see if you can stop it with a screw driver.

Glowworm 100ff wall hung 30kw conventional boiler. Set up in garage with correct 28mm runs to rest of system. All worked well over the years odd new bits and bobs. Recently serviced It goes through start up sequence fine style.
Call on from timer in house, fan starts, pump on, starts ignition sequence spark ignites pilot gas - pilot established and bingo ....28mm out starts to heat up but after about 10 mins ------------------------- shut down. Cool down and will do it all again. All rads (12 rads) are open and 3 way for cylinder is always open. Rads start to heat up. So whats the problem ? I think maybe pump is lala despite being new 3 years ago and runs smoothly. No airlocks centralheating water out of bleeds on all 3 levels of the gaff. The only control for heat is on the boiler and set at 3/4 full heat. Any ideas. It does not get to modulation in 10 mins - house is too big
Thanks in anticipation

What are the flow and return temperatures over the ten minute period?

some of the pre production units still in my workshop like the one installed on my system - cant recall what the commercial name for the eclipse unit is called nowadays

GEDC0921.JPG

Nothing like blowing ones own trumpet, A Rob?:D:D:D:p
I have designed a couple of things that worked but did not work commercially and lost some lolly and time. We did have a forey into pot hole fixing machines but the cost and competative big boys blew us out. We had some fun tho. Somebody from Dublin tried to produce a system to dilute water - he is still at it !!!!.

I have designed a couple of things that worked but did not work commercially and lost some lolly and time. We did have a forey into pot hole fixing machines but the cost and competative big boys blew us out. We had some fun tho. Somebody from Dublin tried to produce a system to dilute water - he is still at it !!!!.
No worries mate. Just busting your b***s a little. But just so you know. Just because you have a filter fitted, doesn’t mean your water in the system will not be bad. A filter is only as good as the person who powerflushed your system.

No worries mate. Just busting your b***s a little. But just so you know. Just because you have a filter fitted, doesn’t mean your water in the system will not be bad. A filter is only as good as the person who powerflushed your system.
I flushed the system ! each year

Never seen the one in the picture mate. How strong was the magnet?
it comes with a heart pacemaker warning - really and we used one to lift out a very heavy cast manhole yesterday cause we could not find the cover keys. Part of the fun with these mags is to leave it on metal furniture or someones car door (if its metal) its the same strength as the eclipse micromag from which it is derived. Specification 5-10 microns at 70 litres per min

Last edited:
You designed it Rob? Really? I never knew that mate. :D:D:D:D:pHow come you haven’t mentioned it before:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D
I was responsible for eclipse going down the centralheating mag filter route it was not hard as their products were already doing it they just needed to be shown the light, those red and blue ones are adapted micromags

Reply to Glowworm 100ff confirm my ideas please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock