Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm 24ci , no display on interface board in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , I have a glowworm 24ci and recently the lcd starting flickering between temp and pressure green led also flickering , now there's no display or led at all, had an engineer to look and he spoke to glowworm over phone and diagnosed the fault to be the interface board , £160 later and new interface board fitted and there is still no display on LCD , any ideas ?

Call back the guy that fitted it, he must have tested the boiler was working B4 he left, or did you fit it yourself ? was it a new board ? or an EBay special

I fitted the board myself , it is new and pricey too, I did notice that when I left the power on the boiler accidentally for a few hours the display was trying to work , flickering on the lcd and led , maybe broken wire but I think probably main PCB

I fitted the board myself , it is new and pricey too, I did notice that when I left the power on the boiler accidentally for a few hours the display was trying to work , flickering on the lcd and led , maybe broken wire but I think probably main PCB
Are you gas safe registered? I take it you are not if you called an engineer out already

If you are Gas Safe Registered then drop @Lou a message with your number and she will sort you out. If not please stop messing with things that need trained hands. We will not give unregistered people information on how to repair a Gas appliance.

If you are Gas Safe Registered then drop @Lou a message with your number and she will sort you out. If not please stop messing with things that need trained hands. We will not give unregistered people information on how to repair a Gas appliance.
Think its is own boiler and he rang Glow Worm, all he has given is the price for the board without any fitting costs, for what it is its quite pricey.

Hope someone learns something from this....

I'm not gas registered and I don't intend on tampering with any of the gas , I am an electrotechnical operative so more than competent to change PCBs , I was just after any help as unfamiliar with boilers and what the different pcbs control, just trying to save time and money as it was wrongly diagnosed the first time

Do you mean your own diagnosis? Or a long distance guess without multi meter? (an essential when diagnosing electrotechnical faults)

I'm not gas registered and I don't intend on tampering with any of the gas , I am an electrotechnical operative so more than competent to change PCBs , I was just after any help as unfamiliar with boilers and what the different pcbs control, just trying to save time and money as it was wrongly diagnosed the first time
Its a little more involved than just replacing PCBs and by doing it your self its now cost you money, you have either damaged the board that you have fitted or fitted the wrong part, we don't only need experience with gas our trade covers more than what people think and it takes us meny years to gain our knowledge.

Its a little more involved than just replacing PCBs and by doing it your self its now cost you money, you have either damaged the board that you have fitted or fitted the wrong part, we don't only need experience with gas our trade covers more than what people think and it takes us meny years to gain our knowledge.
Do you mean your own diagnosis? Or a long distance guess without multi meter? (an essential when diagnosing electrotechnical faults)
Original diagnosis was by a heating engineer who consulted with glowworm

I have a range of test equipment and have been working with electronics for a number of years so the electrical side I feel competent to test inspect and hopefully diagnose , haven't really got the time to search for and study wiring diagrams so I was hoping to get some help here, back to topic , the new PCBs are in and I have an error code of F12, first check on error code was loom between PCB and interface , checked and replaces loom between and still nothing , also used new loom to be avail , further searching in to f12 and it seems to be a bit of a can of worms

Who then provided a quote to fix ? and the OP decided to cut out the middleman?
I decided to cut out the middle man , engineer knows me and knows i am more than competent to change a PCB as glowworm had diagnosed to be the fault , didn't want to take that route again as if glowworm couldn't correctly diagnose I thought you guys with your time on the job, hands on with the equipment would be better to ask for advice

I decided to cut out the middle man , engineer knows me and knows i am more than competent to change a PCB as glowworm had diagnosed to be the fault , didn't want to take that route again as if glowworm couldn't correctly diagnose I thought you guys with your time on the job, hands on with the equipment would be better to ask for advice
And is your engineer friend coming back to test and make sure that the boiler is working safely ? its not just a case of replacing the boards other things to be tested afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm 24ci , no display on interface board in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock