Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm Flexicom 30CX combination boiler Heat Exchanger problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

helenmary

Hello,

I am a female and single and at the mercy of some unsrupulouse plumbers. I have hired two and there are problems. I really need some advice. Here is the story.

1. January. Boiler failed, no power, plumber 1 attended replaced pump new part, he said was a pump but no power on pcb. Replaced fuse and pump. Was ok for 2 weeks. I purchased boiler insurance as was an expensive repair.

2. 2 weeks later old plumber 2 ( as plumber 1 unavailable ) fitted a new radiator and added cleaner to system.

3. 5 minutes after plumber 1 leaving an F9 occurred on boiler and he would not come back. So called plumber 2. He didn't identify a problem and it continued as F9

4. Finally plumber 2 came back. He couldn't identify problem but remarked it may be the heat exchanger. This could be true as it always shows F9 and fails after using hot tap but heating is generally ok and comes on until hot tap opened. I had researched that sludge or dirt on the heat exchanger causes this as well as a blocked sensor.

5. Plumber 2 will come back in 2 weeks to check heat exchanger. What if it has failed?! Just because of the cleaner put in?

This is my DILEMA. Could the cleaner have caused the movement of sludge dirt to kill the heat exchanger or a part in boiler? The plumber had fitted and charged for a magniclean last year so how did dirt move to the heat exchanger? He probably didn't clean the filter when putting in cleaner? Should I be paying this plumber 1 to repair? Or plumber 2 as a job to put right what trouble he might have caused?

Maybe insurance won't touch my boiler if they find the heat exchanger sludged and dirty and the cleaner still in my system? The obvious option is to call insurance but have to get cleaner out first? Help.

I don't know what to do!

Thanks

Looks like you are mixing your plumbers up.

Plumber 1 repaired boiler.

Plumber 2 fitted a new rad, after which you had an issue with the boiler.

Then you seem to have plumber 1 and 2 mixed up.

To be honest it reads like a Dr Seuss book.

Try posting a pic of boiler and filter.

Looks like you are mixing your plumbers up.

Plumber 1 repaired boiler.

Plumber 2 fitted a new rad, after which you had an issue with the boiler.

Then you seem to have plumber 1 and 2 mixed up.

To be honest it reads like a Dr Seuss book.

Try posting a pic of boiler and filter.

What boiler is it.
Was system fully drained down after radiator fitted the refilled ???

I would be surprised if you need to clean the heat exchanger with that fault code, the fact its been recently drained and then this error has popped up should point anyone competent in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm Flexicom 30CX combination boiler Heat Exchanger problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock