Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Vortex turbolators/ baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
how do you guys clean these secondary baffles or turbolators?
Some are very hard to clean properly and was wondering if something like Dual X from HWOS would do it or maybe a diluted tub of Fernox DS1 descaler perhaps......what you reckon?
Regards

I beat them off a wall outside. But you could use a bucket of hot water and washing up liquid.

A good question and it would be good to find a solution (in both meanings of the word :)) for to clean the secondary baffles.
It usually seems the hardest, most boring task when servicing oil boilers.
I clean them with a wire brush if fairly dirty and steel wool if just light dirt. The Grant turbolators should be near spotless if boiler set correctly and serviced once a year.
Warmflow spring type baffles are also a pain and I do the SimonG method and whack them against something to remove some of the dirt.
Maybe a large flexible bucket with water in it and put them in it immediately to allow them to soak would work.

I have an old F+E tank that I cut down a little to fit under kitchen taps. Fits all baffles lovely except the bigger Grant ones 19". Plain hot water, pop them in at the beginning then scrub them after everything else is clean with a stiff bristle brush. Works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant Vortex turbolators/ baffles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi. We’ve had rather a lot of noise issues with our radiators since we had a new boiler installed. Our radiators other than 2 more recent ones are all over 30 years old. When the boiler got installed in the middle of 2020, after the first few days, we had several loud airlocks each day...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed today that some stains have appeared on my downstairs hall ceiling, just beneath the en-suite - there is a large sort of brownish or rust-coloured patch just about where the shower tray is and then a much paler patch over to the right, roughly below where the toilet pan sits...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock