Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity fed to combi ring? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.
Am redoing a bathroom, taken out an old airing cupboard. When people installed the new combi (15ish years ago) they put a ring in, see pics.
I am guessing there was no access to bury it or take it out.
I would like to know, why they put it in. Obviously it’s got an air vent but I now have access and am tempted to just take it out completely, then obv bleed off the rads when filling.
I don’t have much knowledge on changing boilers, is this ‘ring’ a thing that must be present when transferring over or is it just because they didn’t have the access to close the flow and return.
By the way, this is just teed off the loop.
Cheers
Edd
61591AAA-DF1E-4DD7-82F3-E587DBAEB591.jpeg
D72668B7-7B3A-48E8-B307-BDB3CA10EBB8.jpeg

:D that's a good one

It's a heat leak and a bypass loop (normally people use a rad)

You can remove it but I would install a towel rail in its place

Easy does it on the depth of your joist cut and get some pipe clips (nail down) for yours and the previous install.

hair felt wouldnt go a miss either to save on the squeaks and bangs on the pipes

Joist it’s seem to me very deep though ... I also agree with felt or some other insulation for pipeworks as well as clipping wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Thanks all. Took it out, have teed in just before for the new rad to go in.
Clipped in today, will insulate after testing.
All was going well until guy I’m working with fell through the ceiling!!
Cheers guys

:D it happens touch wood I haven't done that yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity fed to combi ring? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed systems requiring an AAV, unless in a bungalow to aid bleeding on first fill? One AAV is in the loft on - what I think - is the boiler return pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at same time. I'm wondering if I could install a water tank to gravity feed one of the showers, with new electrric shower and if so how to stop the water...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
S
I have a dead 1990s Triton T70 shower and, for purposes of replacement, I'd like to know if it's mains or gravity fed. As it won't even switch on, I cannot get any water out of it so I can't just switch off water at mains and see if water still flows from the shower. I note that current Triton...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock