Search the forum,

Discuss Greywater Harvest rig from washing machine. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some background info;

Want to have a washing machine in the utility room, however, no soil pipe or drains near the utility room. there are doors in between the run to the kitchen sink or the W.C

I came up with an idea and want to see if any experienced plumbers can give me some tips on regs and if it will work;

I was thinking of running the washing machine waste outside the property straight into a water butt as a way of having stored water for the garden. Obviously if the stored water doesn't get used it will overflow so i was thinking of using a pump system, just a generic pond pump to route to the nearest trap which is under the sink. this would be set to pump away the water when it reaches a certain level in the butt, also deals with the issue of needing a fall on the waste as it will be able to pump it so can run above the doors etc.

if any one with experience could let me know if this will work? if it conforms to the water Regs? and maybe some tips on installation if possible.

thanks,

- Josh

ahh thats a bugger! been reading up and some places say its a good way to reuse water in the garden, but if its going to kill the plants, definitely dont want to be doing that haha

thinking about it, it would be just below the upstairs bathroom, would it be possible to use it for the cistern instead?

Google Dab pumps for the Novabox. I have an unused one here going cheap if it`s any use to you. Easy to install and clean out yourself when needed.

I wouldn't use my washing machine waste water for anything. Too much detergent to be useful. Would most likely keep ruining toilet flush aswell. Look into using a saniflo/macerator for the job. And pump into a waste in bathroom above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greywater Harvest rig from washing machine. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock