Search the forum,

Discuss Group Project - 2 Storey sustainable building accommodating 200 staff. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am working on a group project at my university, which consists of designing a building to accommodate 200 members of staff. This involves designing the utilities.

Below are some of the things that I have accounted for in the design in the hope that may be some of you with industrial / commercial experience will be able to assist in some of the following listed below.

Open space design.
Office Layout 60m² by 60m²
Toilets: 50/50 Split between women and men. water supply sizing , drainage sizing.
Kitchen / Canteen: water supply sizing , drainage sizing
Boiler - Sizing , Make, Model
Storage type - Wholesome and Heating storage; i.e. Cylinders, Tanks
Renewable technologies - air source pumps, ground source pumps
Under floor heating - type and sizing
Water mains sizing and connections
Gas mains sizing and connections
Electrical sizing and connections

Any input would be gratefully appreciated. If more information is required then.

Thanks,

Paul V

Your best option would be to inlist the services of a good m and e consultant

Paul , the forum is maned by plumbers / heating engineers who give their time for free, it is a great forum , but IMO you are asking more than enough there . You need to employ somebody to design all that lot , however others on here may feel different .

Many thanks to your replies and completely understand where you are coming from and wouldn’t want to take your knowledge and experience for granted. I understand it is a lot to ask and apologise, I was in class at the time of my message and didn’t digest what I was actually asking for . I suppose I was looking more into what factors I would need to look into more than an actual detailed design. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Group Project - 2 Storey sustainable building accommodating 200 staff. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power. There are only a few companies that do central heating systems locally, and they are aimed at the very top end of the market. We are at the lower end of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads before when people have asked similar questions - some people say that the Veismann Stored combi is a great boiler and would be adequate, however most...
Replies
Views
I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard where the soil pipe runs through each of the 4 floors on my side of the building. Within this cupboard there is a T junction taking the bath and kitchen...
Replies
Views
Since July I've been self-building a 500sqft cabin which has been a perfect way to keep busy and away from others. It has been an incredible learning experience and so rewarding to work with my hands (I am stuck on a computer all day for my day job so this is a welcome change). I got things...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm in the planning phase for some house alterations and would appreciate any advice concerning the plumbing installation for an additional 1st floor bathroom. The images attached show the existing layout and new layout proposed. In summary, I want to build a second (first floor)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock