Search the forum,

Discuss Gully's in utility room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luken

Hi,

We bought our house in 2013 . The owner before had a terrible sun room constructed on the rear.
Inside it there are two drains . Both Gullys I believe, one has the bathroom waste going to it , the other has the kitchen / washer waste and the guttering run off from the conservatory.
The kitchen one stinks and we want to sell the property this year.
We have a manhole approx 3ft deep outside of our sun room.
I'd like to put a new gully outside and run into this with all our grey water however , with the location the manhole the 1:40 gradient wouldn't be achievable so would have to come in near the top.
Could I put a sort of drop stack inside the M/H as long as I don't prevent access?
Long winded I know. I've spoke to 3 plumbers who don't seem keen on the work.

Thanks, Luke

IMG_1157.JPG

You would need to go through your local building control, to have it passed, particularily needed when going to sell your home later.
I see nothing wrong with going higher into existing manhole.
Another way would be to run the underground 4" pipes directly to the waste pipes, with no gulleys, but I presume you are wishing to avoid internal digging? And you have old clay pipes.

Thanks for your reply.

Ideally no internal digging , it's base is solid 6" concrete so would be very difficult.
The location of where we'd put the new gully to MH is only 0.5m so I thought that would be the easiest option.
I have emailed my local planning office for advice on who to speak to.
I'd obviously prefer a professional to do it but I'm presuming this type of work isn't enjoyed. Ha .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gully's in utility room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock