Search the forum,

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
A reminder why we do void gas checks ...

IMG_0276.jpg

... because tenants do stoopid things like this.

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Wasn't this allowed back in the day though?

Got a box full of them courtesy of the storesmen where I did a job last month

ive got some craking nono's somewhere ill route then out and upload i do alot of rentels so you can only imagin the bodgery will post soon lol

Not gas related as such but I was hacking the plaster of a wall in our kitchen and found this piece of quality workmanship: ....

IMG_4628.JPG

I've got plenty of pictures. I'll start with these. Customer complaint about standard of workmanship. Yes that is the rear of the boiler in the second picture, the original installer didn't bother blocking up before he hung the boiler. It took two of us two days to put the install right, we had to repipe the entire heating system and run a new gas supply as he'd used the original undersized 15mm for a 30Kw combi.

IMAGE_507.jpgIMAGE_508.jpgIMAGE_520.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0178.jpg
    100_0178.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6,658
ive just had a bit of a spat for using orignal 15mm on a install , i apprecaite you can get 15mm fed boilers but they were adminat on a baxi which is 22mm. it was on a listed building and was impossible to run 22 so i rang baxi whos advise was fit the duo-tec and gas rate etc if its within MI`s then its ok.

We had 20 working at meter 13 at boiler and when the boiler fired up the hob went out. Definitely not to MI in this case.

couple more , posted before but better to have in one thread

Attachments

• 000_0288.jpg
    000_0288.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,354
  • 000_0287.jpg
    000_0287.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,293
While I'm on a roll. Called to a job, new boiler with vertical flue. Water ingress had destroyed the pcb. Manufacturer declined to repair, put it down to faulty flue joints. I attended and checked the flue, all fine. I then noticed a joint in the tubing coming from the condense pump. When I filled the pump with water it turned on and water sprayed out of the joint. Investigation revealed that the tubing had been joined with a biro casing. This may have worked had the installer not left the pointed end on and left this pointing towards the pump. It's no wonder it leaked trying to pump through a hole a couple of mm across.

86 Pankhurst 001.jpg86 Pankhurst 002.jpg

While I'm on a roll. Called to a job, new boiler with vertical flue. Water ingress had destroyed the pcb. Manufacturer declined to repair, put it down to faulty flue joints. I attended and checked the flue, all fine. I then noticed a joint in the tubing coming from the condense pump. When I filled the pump with water it turned on and water sprayed out of the joint. Investigation revealed that the tubing had been joined with a biro casing. This may have worked had the installer not left the pointed end on and left this pointing towards the pump. It's no wonder it leaked trying to pump through a hole a couple of mm across.

View attachment 5023View attachment 5024
haha that made me chuckle if he didnt een thik tto cut the end dowm to make bigger opening not that that would make it right in any way just shows his lack of braincells haha

photo-5.jpg

' i had to take the batteries out of the carbon monoxide detector it kept me up all night man! ' - lucky customer.

find the flue terminal! Lol.

Three flats in the same building. First one, a Keston C25, nice use of compression joints in the flue. Then a lovely bit of silcon added to a spilling flue.IMG_2500.jpgIMG_2751.jpgIMG_2651.jpgIMG_2726.jpg

death trap 001.jpgdeath trap 002.jpgdeath trap 003.jpggot asked to do a LGSC on this messdeath trap 004.jpg yes there are 2 90 degree bends on the flue,and no ventilation and signs of spillage it failed a flue flow as well poured out of the roof i replaced it with a performa 30 he combi you may recognize the photos from the GSR mag

Last edited by a moderator:
One from a few months back. Install a few weeks old. Custard complained boiler not working properly, warranty company attended said system needed flush, vent wrong. I attended system perfectly clean, boiler locking out due to condense rising to soil under bath. Saw 2 bends above boiler (worcester so 2m equivalent each) with vertical flue. Checking in loft revealed another 2 45s, no screws on joints, insufficient brackets. Max vertical on a worcester is 6.4, this was equivalent t oabout 9.5 in total. Made even worse when I touched the flue in the airing cupboard and the flue fell apart. ID boiler spend rest of day chasing flue parts and re-doing to give correct length.
CQ9R2024.jpgCQ9R2025.jpgCQ9R2032.jpg

F&E cistern set too high so modded to let OV into side, unsurprisingly pumping over like mad.
10 st leonards 003.jpg

Flue set at such a steep angle that it was straining the elbow. Flue should have been set horizontal. Looked like it was done because the flue hole was drilled too high. CQ9R7699.jpg

reported as boiler wonky and making good not to standard. I actually had to resite the boiler back on the outside wall where the original had been because the custard couldn't reach the controls and the installer relocated the boiler without authority.
CQ9R7792.jpgCQ9R7793.jpg

Customer complaint of making good not very neat and flue looks untidy. Before and after shots. I also removed a 90 and 2 45s from the flue which took it over length.
***berland After 5249.jpg***berland After 5251.jpg***berland Before 5246.jpg***berland Before 5248.jpg

Dfe fire DIY fitted by previous owner of property. Yes that is the flue termination. Apparently ID by BG before sale but previous owner told new owner that faults had been rectified.
flue 002.jpgflue 007.jpg

Classy microbore pipework to new hall rad. The custard got her stick caught in the pipework and had a fall. If you look closely at the last pic you can just make out the two ends are joined togather. A rad was removed and the old pipes left like this.
Hall rad 1.jpgHall rad 4.jpgLounge 1.jpglounge 4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock