Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead Ace High (DHW+CH) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have a dreaded Halstead Ace High boiler. I've become pretty familiar with it over the years following a necessary service to the diverter valve and diaphragm. It's developed a new issue though which has me stumped:

When a demand is created via a tap: the DHW Flow switch is pushed, the pump starts, the primary flow switch engages and as soon as that happens it just cuts out. No warning light, no overheat trigger, it just stops dead. I can only repeat this by turning off and on again. There absolutely no response to a CH demand and I have to restart it to get any other response at all.

This isn't a PCB issue, I have tried several new PCBs for each exhibits the same behaviour. Could it be something related to the Thermistors or APS?

I would be most grateful for any suggestions, it's getting very cold indeed.

Your best option would be to phone a local gas safe engy up and get them out

We cannot give out advice relating to gas repairs on the forum for saftey reasons a gas safe engineer is needed . sorry kop

Hello all,

I have a dreaded Halstead Ace High boiler. I've become pretty familiar with it over the years following a necessary service to the diverter valve and diaphragm. It's developed a new issue though which has me stumped:

When a demand is created via a tap: the DHW Flow switch is pushed, the pump starts, the primary flow switch engages and as soon as that happens it just cuts out. No warning light, no overheat trigger, it just stops dead. I can only repeat this by turning off and on again. There absolutely no response to a CH demand and I have to restart it to get any other response at all.

This isn't a PCB issue, I have tried several new PCBs for each exhibits the same behaviour. Could it be something related to the Thermistors or APS?

I would be most grateful for any suggestions, it's getting very cold indeed.

Hello Dan,
I have the same boiler and had a similar problem, seemed to be no logical answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Dan,
I have the same boiler and had a similar problem, seemed to be no logical answer.

Most logical remedy with these Halsted boilers is to replace them, parts are to expensive, and Glen Dimplex don't want to know, but like charging premium rates on Tec phone line

I understand about the gas safety stuff and appreciate you guys doing your due diligence. I'm certainly not touching anything gas related, the general consensus is just to get rid of the thing which I am to do as soon as possible. For the record I replaced the thermistors and it did nothing so back to the drawing board... Or the Worcester catalogue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead Ace High (DHW+CH) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock