Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone heard of a company train4jobs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little late for me as I'm well into the course now but my main worry is that I won't have x amount of years practical experience as an apprentice would. However, I am too old for somebody to offer me an apprenticeship, even if I worked for an apprentice wage. I know young lads who are struggling so doesn't bare much hope for me. If you're young enough the best way is an apprentice. Train for jobs do seem to give you some experience on site which is a bonus and it's far from a fast track course but I wish I'd spoken to my local college about it first. From what I have spoken to them about it I'll have the right qualifications and paper work but without the apprentice an apprentice will have.

Not sure how well I'd fare up in a job interview against an apprentice. I'm far from wet behind the ears and having a family to support would hopefully go in my favour but I'd always loose out on experience. Would just need to prove I'll turn up. It hung over on a Saturday morning like some apprentices would... the course is also ideal if you are already working as a plumber so mate or have some background in it.

Hey,

Sadly I'm 34 with a family, so no chance of getting an apprenticeship.

I am hoping to do some free work with a plumber once I get under way to gain some site experience

I want to advice anyone who is doing any plumbing courses with Train 4 Jobs and its aliases to desist from the professional scammers and cancel any direct debit you have with their so called finance ltd (the same crooks). If you look them up and thoroughly do your research on them it will amaze you what you will find. Don't let nobody threaten you into sticking with a contract that is built on lies. Cancel and take the liars to court to get your refund. Don't let them get away with their old tricks (SkillsTrain). These people are corporate scammers and i doff my hat for their method of operation. I was a victim of their deception and the scales have been removed from my eyes. They only thing they are concerned about is your hard-earned cash. Tell your friends and any one you know to desist from patronizing them. Go to a college if you want to qualify as a plumber or gas Engineer. For further details on what to do you can contact Citizens Advice Consumer Service supplies free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of consumer issues. You can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service by telephone on: 03454 040506 or via its website at: www.adviceguide.org.uk and complain about the scammers. State it as a case of Misrepresentation of Information. You can also look at Consumer Protection of Unfair Trading Regulation 2008 (Section 5 and 7). If we can all voice out then these scammers will be put out of business.

Hi, im one of the silly buggers that went ahead with a course. A rep came to my house and went through the plumbing course with me and i said ill have a think about it, within about a week she rang me asking if i was home at a certain time because she was calling in. When she arrived she told me she had changed me from plumbing to a Renewables course. She didnt even ask me if i wanted to do this course, she went straight into it and explained how much my payments would be, i asked her if i was able to pull out at anytime and she replied yes you can but you will lose your £50 deposit. I was told my course tutor would get in touch with me within 10 days but after calling the office and the rep asking why hasnt he contacted me i got no sense what so ever. I was told id be having practical lessons once a monthat their centre but this was more lies, the lies goes on and on. Now i have pulled out and have stopped my payments, carnegie finance are chading me for the payments, i have told them i will not be paying a penny more. I have gone and got my solicitor involved and she is on the case as we speak. I am going to name the rep :nono: from Bridgend. Train4jobs has been on watchdog and other programs due to their scams, stay away from Train4jobs.

I've recently had an interview with a rep from Train4jobs for a level 2 plumbing NVQ. As previously mentioned in other comments did feel like I was being interviewed with somewhat of a pressure sale from the rep. Haven't signed up yet but still considering it. I'm 31 in full time employment, haven't got kids but will soon (hopefully) have a mortgage to worry about.

Seems to be a running theme that a long waiting time is to be expected when booking in the practical units at one of their training centers. Has anyone actually managed to complete the course with them and how long has it taken? have you also got an actual code for the qualification? I'm guessing you'd want something along the course in the link below yes?

Plumbing and Domestic Heating qualifications and training courses | City & Guilds

ANY ADVICE MASSIVELY APPRECIATED :) TIA

I don’t recommend it.. where are you based?
I pay for it but I don’t do the course need to get my money back some how.

I've recently had an interview with a rep from Train4jobs for a level 2 plumbing NVQ. As previously mentioned in other comments did feel like I was being interviewed with somewhat of a pressure sale from the rep. Haven't signed up yet but still considering it. I'm 31 in full time employment, haven't got kids but will soon (hopefully) have a mortgage to worry about.

Seems to be a running theme that a long waiting time is to be expected when booking in the practical units at one of their training centers. Has anyone actually managed to complete the course with them and how long has it taken? have you also got an actual code for the qualification? I'm guessing you'd want something along the course in the link below yes?

Plumbing and Domestic Heating qualifications and training courses | City & Guilds

ANY ADVICE MASSIVELY APPRECIATED :) TIA

Based in Bristol, thinking against applying now to be honest. Has anyone on this thread successfully completed the course and attempted going into self employment straight away???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone heard of a company train4jobs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock